The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

There is a lot of chatter on twitter about a potential :Tanev for Lilegren + Toronto's 1st.  The source of it doesnt seem super credible but it sounds like some Toronto fans are trying to stirr up the rumour.

29 minutes ago, billabong said:

But can you imagine the screams from Toronto?! It would be music to my ears

If EITHER ofthose deals came up you take themand run

42 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dhaliwal is losing his credibility. In a pathetic sports market like Vancouver, is eventually bound to happen. 

hes one of the best. not sure why you think he'd be slipping.  its a fake account.  only lends to his credibility someone would copy him.

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I would like Lilegren and a 1st please for Gudbranson.  It's a tall ask and unlikely but I can ask at least lol.

I doubt we'd even get 1 of those assets at this point. If I had to guess, a 2nd and a B or C prospect or a late round pick is probably what we're looking at. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I would like Lilegren and a 1st please for Gudbranson.  It's a tall ask and unlikely but I can ask at least lol.

Why not just ask for Auston Matthews instead?

Why would the leafs trade this package?  This isn't the Nonis Era leafs.

I don't even think this package would go through on EA sports. That's how bad this proposal is.

8 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I don't even think this package would go through on EA sports. That's how bad this proposal is.

your mom made me a bad proposal too. why u gotta hate on my dreamy eyed parade. gheez throw more cigarette butts on my unrealistic dreams! :P

they obviously arent likely going to do it. but a boy can dream.  Lilegren and a 2nd is more implausible even if unlikely. #allinfordahlin im joining the dark side.  tank nation i am joining!  9.5% of drafting dahlin vs 1% playoff chance.  the odds speak for themselves.  

if we win ill cheer. if we lose i will be sad until the moves are made then i will celebrate. re evaluate my feelings after we make some moves.

37 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I doubt we'd even get 1 of those assets at this point. If I had to guess, a 2nd and a B or C prospect or a late round pick is probably what we're looking at. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

there is some chatter on twitter that Gudbranson is beileved to be worth a 1st by several gm's.  not sure if the info is good.  i believe he has a lot more value then we think.

17 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

It's nowhere near as bad as the counterpoint lowball proposals of Andrew Nielsen and a mid round pick.

Still a month from the trade deadline and a half year from free agency - if that were the price for Gudbranson, you'd see a lineup of teams looking to jump at that.

I'm curious what you think Gudbranson is worth?

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

there is some chatter on twitter that Gudbranson is beileved to be worth a 1st by several gm's.  not sure if the info is good.  i believe he has a lot more value then we think.

Let's hope. I guess it all comes down to what defensemen end up on the market. Here's a list of UFA defensemen. Most of them are on playoff teams, so that works in our favour.

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/ufa/defenseman/

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

How interesting that the rumour of the day is Liljegren and a 1st for Tanev...

If the Leafs are ready to package Liljegren and a 1st, does it matter if it is for Gudbranson or Tanev?

Personally, I like Gudbranson. He just turned 26 years old. He's not nearly close to be the player he will be. If the Leafs want him over Tanev, Benning still turns McCann, a 2nd & a 4th into a 1st pick in '18 & the 17OA '17.

Archived