The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Like Ladd currently playing for Vancouver.

And Lucic currently playing for Vancouver.

And Turris currently playing for Vancouver.

And Jamie Benn.

And Ryan Johanson.

And let’s not forget about all those great BC born Canuck legends: Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic.

Guys get older and move on.

I highly doubt ladd was offered a contract from the canucks.

Lucic had a few bad experiences in van that soured him on vancouver.

Turris, benn and johanson have all been under contract their entire careers. Dont know why you bring the up.

Yzerman and Sakic both stayed with the same team their whole career. 

If you want to look at players who come home despite having better offers out there google hamhuis, mitchell and garrison.

Either way its laughable that people are even arguing about this. No way we handcuff ourselves with that anchor.

17 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Turris, benn and johanson have all been under contract their entire careers. Dont know why you bring the up.

For the exact same reason as people saying Seabrook should come here. Seabrook has been under contract, so why would he come?

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Like Ladd currently playing for Vancouver.

And Lucic currently playing for Vancouver.

And Turris currently playing for Vancouver.

And Jamie Benn.

And Ryan Johanson.

And let’s not forget about all those great BC born Canuck legends: Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic.

Guys get older and move on.

Yip. not always the case. Stetcher, Garrison, Hamhuis come to mind as home province guys coming home though. I think only Ladd and Lucic on that list were true UFA July free agents.

If I spent my whole life in one area or city, became rich beyond my wildest dreams, constantly travelled to 30 fairly major cities in North America yearly, probably met many new friends in multiple cities, and saved up enough money to go and retire peacefully in ANY PART OF THE WORLD, it would be very hard for me to return to return to where I was born, where it is cold....it rains all the time....

13 hours ago, .Naslund said:

If I spent my whole life in one area or city, became rich beyond my wildest dreams, constantly travelled to 30 fairly major cities in North America yearly, probably met many new friends in multiple cities, and saved up enough money to go and retire peacefully in ANY PART OF THE WORLD, it would be very hard for me to return to return to where I was born, where it is cold....it rains all the time....

Everyone has different tastes though. You complain about cold and rain, but if you asked me living somewhere like Florida or LA would  be hell on earth. It’s all subjective 

43 minutes ago, Provost said:

With Trouba out and Winnipeg REALLY needing some success, we probably have another suitor for Gudbranson or one of our other D.

I think Brendan Lemieux would be a good pickup if we could work a deal around that. 

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Jets should be ok. They already have myers and big buff as top 4 RHD. What they could use is an upgrade on kulikov and enstrom 

It is reported they were already looking for some depth insurance.  If they want something cheap, a rental for Gudbranson on the 3rd pairing, or they could be interested in Del Zotto as a veteran with experience on the left side.

...and how can folks not want Jacob Cederholm as part of the package so we can have a brother defensive pairing! :)

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Jets should be ok. They already have myers and big buff as top 4 RHD. What they could use is an upgrade on kulikov and enstrom 

Yeah - strengthening the left side makes a lot more sense for them.

If only Edler would waive...that would be a perfect fit. On most teams he's a decent 2nd pairing option, but in Winnipeg he'd be the de facto #1 LHD.

16 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Yeah - strengthening the left side makes a lot more sense for them.

If only Edler would waive...that would be a perfect fit. On most teams he's a decent 2nd pairing option, but in Winnipeg he'd be the de facto #1 LHD.

I also agree and think Edler would be a great fit. Sure winters their are not the best but Winnipeg is a good team with playoff potential. His brief stint as a member of the Moose was short but maybe he had a lasting connection. That or you know he could be like most other players and waive his ntc to help the team that drafted, developed and paid him handsomely for the last decade plus.

Personally any pro athlete playing on a team knows they are joining a sport and good chance you will play for different teams. Hockey has got to be the worst for giving out NMC & NTC to protect or give these guys all the leverage in the world. That was not the case back in the day and those guys made a heck of a lot less $. Now with these super agents players are able to handcuff teams, which is the teams fault also to a degree.

I like Edler, would rather see him have a chance to play on a better team and in doing so hopefully the assets that come back can help us build for the future. The Sedins are quite a bit different because they are a package deal and have a whopping 7m cap hit each that we can only retain on 1 of them, so them not waiving makes sense because even if they did I dont know how strong of a market there would be for them.

As for Gudbranson.... I would hope and assume his back injury is not serious as he was not on injured reserve so hopefully we will see him back soon so he can quote on quote be showcased for other teams scouts. Although I think its pretty obvious what he brings, the issue is can he stay healthy if he gets back in the lineup.

Still prefer NYI or TB as a much better destination than TO

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

I also agree and think Edler would be a great fit. Sure winters their are not the best but Winnipeg is a good team with playoff potential. His brief stint as a member of the Moose was short but maybe he had a lasting connection...

He certainly did! He married a Winnipeg girl who he met while playing for the Moose.

That's part of the reason I hold out hope that he'll do it. I don't expect a landslide coming back for him (maybe a late 1st...esp if we retain a little?), but we're better off going forward with Pouliot, Hutton, and Juolevi. I still also hold out hope that Tryamkin will return.

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

He certainly did! He married a Winnipeg girl who he met while playing for the Moose.

That's part of the reason I hold out hope that he'll do it. I don't expect a landslide coming back for him (maybe a late 1st...esp if we retain a little?), but we're better off going forward with Pouliot, Hutton, and Juolevi. I still also hold out hope that Tryamkin will return.

Oh well hot damn Benning should know this and be calling Chevy!!! I would be happy with Lemieux and a pick for Eddy

Archived