The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Aaah he's already re-signed I take it? 

Must have missed that.

Ya they seemed to want to move him summer of 2016 if i recall or early into the nhl season then he had a great year and they gave him a long term deal.

Just now, Yotes said:

Ya they seemed to want to move him summer of 2016 if i recall or early into the nhl season then he had a great year and they gave him a long term deal.

N ot sure how I missed it to be honest, should have checked capfriendly :lol:

53 minutes ago, Yotes said:

More on this angle then, I wouldn't be opposed to a short term (+/-3 year) deal for say Green if we do move Gudbranson. Still need to move one of the lefties (Edler/MDZ/Hutton) though.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

N ot sure how I missed it to be honest, should have checked capfriendly :lol:

All good I make mistakes or just flat out dont look some stuff up when I ask about them on here. Hoping that someone will correct me or inform me but have been trolled about it too.

You make good posts, enjoy listening to your insight. I just happened to know about the Fowler deal without looking it up so was happy to post it in a friendly manner

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

More on this angle then, I wouldn't be opposed to a short term (+/-3 year) deal for say Green if we do move Gudbranson. Still need to move one of the lefties (Edler/MDZ/Hutton) though.

I agree, I think we dont get any value for moving Hutton or MDZ so moving Edler is the better move. Sure he has the NTC but I dont see that being a major issue he might just have a limited # of teams he might waive for. Better than not waiving at all though! Plus Edler has much more value to help our team long term

44 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Now the interesting bit will be how much GMJB thinks he's worth. 

This is 100% of the issue.

I don’t recall anyone on here saying we have to trade Gudbranson... it just depends on the price and at what point you walk away and trade him.  If there isn’t a deal by the deadline you have to find out if you can get any reasonable return for him rather than walk away with nothing.

$3.5-4 million is a good deal

$5 million plus is a terrible deal

$4-5 million is a danger zone where you hope that he manages to find another gear and produces (or stays healthy) more.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This team needs Gudbranson.

If they move him, they need to turn around and replace what he brings - and we've all seen what the market demands for D like him.

So, you have the option of setting the team back by dealing him, overpaying to replace him, and/or hoping to draft replacements (make new inroads into the long game, which it is and should be doing regardless, but with no guarantees, and a long timeline of uncertainty.    

Really, the best option is to re-sign him.

If they can do that, and if Tryamkin also returns in due course, then they have the makings of a blueline that is pretty bloody difficult to play against.

I hope Erik is amenable to signing.

Archived