The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

13 hours ago, riffraff said:

Edler more injured than salo!?!?

well I can't doubt your usual numbers as backup....

I agree. One Nut Sami, was up and down more than Kangaroo's in mating season!

Could always rely on him for IR relief during the season.

Still miss him on D though, was awesome when he was healthy.

4 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

I don't know what the 'usual' games lost to injuries is, but we seem to have passed that number, with ease, the last couple of seasons. During Gillis' time, he had some new age ideas to help keep players healthy. Seemed to work, but that might be pure coincidence.

Re Gudbranson.......re-sign him ! Re Sbisa....re-sign him ( MDZ has not been my favourite ). Re AHL depth, I loved McEneny and at the beginning of this season thought he had 20 > 40 Canuck games lined up. Sautner has taken a step up. Blujus ( AHL contract ) seems to be a Cull favourite. Brisebois and Chatfield need to up their game a bit, but they are not behind their expected time line.

not sure there's much that can be done.

Gillis was plagued by this as well - Hamhuis in the SCF. Ballard from the day he arrived, Mitchell with concussions that threatened to end his career, Bieksa with lacerations to the back of his leg, Edler with career-threatening spinal injury....

I think it's just part and parcel of the risks of being an NHL defenseman unfortunately.

If anything, I'd question the link between fatigue and injury - as our team perenially is at or neart the top of the travel and play list, with many gruelling, exhausting stints and road trips through their seasons, some seasons with Olympic compacted schedules, etc, only exacerbating the problem.

But some of it is also simply luck - bad luck - which can't be predicted or avoided.

The reality is that Benning has to build bluelines double digits deep - and has looked to do so - but not aided by losses like Tryamkin to the K and Sbisa to ED.

Oh well, onward and upward...what doesn't kill you lol....

52 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’ve Been sayin this for a couple of months.  Re-sign Gudbranson,. And trade Tanev + for an upgrade like E Karlsson.

https://theathletic.com/227833/2018/02/01/dellow-how-the-canucks-can-help-the-senators-maximize-a-trade-return-for-erik-karlsson/

Posting isolated links is considered spam - please include an explanatory paragraph at the least.

5 hours ago, qwijibo said:

To be replaced by 1000 pages of how Benning lost the trade and forever doomed the Canucks 

And the inevitable, "This team is so frickin' soft it's an embarrassment.  Zero pushback at all, getting constantly punked by Ferklund, Maroon, and Kassian.  Who's gonna stand up to them?  And whose stupid idea was it anyway to trade Gudbranson in the first place, and how can we get him back?"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived