The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

With how much Bennington 9000 gave up for him, value would have to be a kings ransom. 

No other gm cares what Vancouver gave up to get Gudbranson.  They'll offer what they think he's worth. (Which is likely far less than what Vancouver gave up).  He's a pending UFA now. Something he wasn't when Vancouver traded for him. 

If Chabot or Liljegren we’re in play I’d be interested.

Like S’all said, though, JB would need to look for some leadership / truculence for the back end though.  I’d expect Guddy to only be traded for a premium considering he fills a void on this team that I consider to be lacking WITH him in the lineup. 

Not bad as far as sources go. He quotes an interview from Lavoie, as we all know, he has some connection to the Canucks org, as he's broken stories before anyone out west. I believe he broke the Burrows trade before anyone else. 

I'd be willing to do it for a prospect like Liljgren(sp?) or Kapanen. We could have Tanev and Stecher back as early as this roadtrip, then we're starting to look crowded on the backend. I honestly think Hutton or Gudbranson would be better scratches over Pouliot; so, now is a good time to trade one. 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

No other gm cares what Vancouver gave up to get Gudbranson.  They'll offer what they think he's worth. (Which is likely far less than what Vancouver gave up).  He's a pending UFA now. Something he wasn't when Vancouver traded for him. 

Thanks for that. New and ground breaking. I look forward to your future top source tidbits. 

10 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Not bad as far as sources go. He quotes an interview from Lavoie, as we all know, he has some connection to the Canucks org, as he's broken stories before anyone out west. I believe he broke the Burrows trade before anyone else. 

I'd be willing to do it for a prospect like Liljgren(sp?) or Kapanen. We could have Tanev and Stecher back as early as this roadtrip, then we're starting to look crowded on the backend. I honestly think Hutton or Gudbranson would be better scratches over Pouliot; so, now is a good time to trade one. 

Goldobin and Lind>Kapanen 

we need D, so it has to be Liljegren or a lot of picks 

I’d be willing to bet there are no less than 20 teams that would love to have Gud. Funny thing is we are/should be one of them.

sign (soon)or let the bidding war begin. A 1st and prospect would be the minimum opening price and No picks going back not even a 5th.

I big d man that uses his size stands up for his mates and is still young and developing

I just don’t get why they’d let this guy go,unless he doesn’t want to be here,we have enough fluff we don’t have another guy in the system like him. 

23 minutes ago, combover said:

I’d be willing to bet there are no less than 20 teams that would love to have Gud. Funny thing is we are/should be one of them.

sign (soon)or let the bidding war begin. A 1st and prospect would be the minimum opening price and No picks going back not even a 5th.

I big d man that uses his size stands up for his mates and is still young and developing

I just don’t get why they’d let this guy go,unless he doesn’t want to be here,we have enough fluff we don’t have another guy in the system like him. 

Oh how they used to whine about how soft the Canucks were.

When was the last time you saw anyone whining around here about how the team gets physically dominated?

Um hmmm.  So now the peeps wanna toss Guddy aside for Krapanen or Lilygreen? 

Um hummm.

Best case scenario we re sign guddy BUT if we wants 5yrs and 4.5m+ then gud bye! 

Id happily give him 4x4 or around that dollar figure but that’s 5th year is a deal breaker if he wants max money 

to tor: gudbranson

to van: kapanen, liljegren

oooorrrr pipedream

to van: nylander

to tor: gudbranson, granlund, 2nd pick 2018

8 minutes ago, billabong said:

Best case scenario we re sign guddy BUT if we wants 5yrs and 4.5m+ then gud bye! 

Id happily give him 4x4 or around that dollar figure but that’s 5th year is a deal breaker if he wants max money 

to tor: gudbranson

to van: kapanen, liljegren

oooorrrr pipedream

to van: nylander

to tor: gudbranson, granlund, 2nd pick 2018

Guddy at $4.5 million or the last Edler for $5 million for 6.

I'd rather see Gudbranson at $5 million than Edler. 

Archived