The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I thoroughly enjoy this topic with you haha! You're even using TOI now (albeit the incorrect ATOI) :bigblush:

FWIW, If all you do is take out the biggest outliers of the BOS game he only played 1:15 due to misconduct and the PIT game he got injured and only played 9:46, his ATOI comes up to 19 minutes.

And even then, his skewed and small 21 game sample size ATOI, with those games, of 17:42 is still not 3rd pair minutes. 3rd pair D generally play closer to 14-16.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

What about Guddy + Sutter for Kadri and the Leaf's coming first and the Russian guy?  Then Kadri could take on Sutter's role?

I distinctly remember the Canucks winning with both Sutter and Gudbranson in the lineup. In fact, that's how important they are to this team; winning.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

I distinctly remember the Canucks winning with both Sutter and Gudbranson in the lineup. In fact, that's how important they are to this team; winning.

I distinctly remember the Canucks winning without them too. At pretty much the same rate, in fact.

But when Horvat went down, that's when the wheels came off.

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

What about Guddy + Sutter for Kadri and the Leaf's coming first and the Russian guy?  Then Kadri could take on Sutter's role?

I don't know about Kadri taking on Sutter's role but if we could somehow turn Sutter and Gudbranson into Kadri, that would be a big win for us IMO. They can keep their 1st round pick too. Obviously Bo would have to take on some tough minutes/D zone starts that would have been Sutter's, but Kadri would provide a huge step up to Sutter in the O zone.

Bo

Kadri

Henrik

That's deep.

Bo

Kadri

Petterssen

Yes please.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I distinctly remember the Canucks winning without them too. At pretty much the same rate, in fact.

But when Horvat went down, that's when the wheels came off.

That's because the injuries weren't piling up at that point. We could afford to lose one or two of them and still win. But when all of them are out, then we are in trouble.

Sutter and Gudbranson are important to this team whether you want to admit it or not.

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Rush stated that he made it up. Would never want to see Kadri in the blue and green. Besides, even if he did get traded here, he'd be suspended upon his first check.

I understand hes a piece of trash.  but he would be our piece of trash :D  I hear ya. Surprised at all the pro Kadri talk lol.  Gudbranson would probably be a fair value for a Kadri like deal.  

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

it sounds like EG is no longer injured according to a 1040 report. if he is im curious if he draws in. exciting to have someone come back in the lineup.

Hopefully this team could use a boost after what we’ve been going through. This is our easiest game prior to the New Year so we could def use the help. 

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep and plays with an edge, From what I read his skating has greatly improved over the last year. 

I heard the same thing on the THN podcast a month or two ago. They said it was still very much a work in progress though. Kinda like it had gone from very bad to just kinda bad.

11 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I heard the same thing on the THN podcast a month or two ago. They said it was still very much a work in progress though. Kinda like it had gone from very bad to just kinda bad.

Yeah that probably a fair adjustment. Similar to what we have in guddy. Not the quickest first stride but can move.  

He’ll be on team Finland this year. It will be a good opportunity to see him play against stronger competition. Maybe even build some chemistry with Juolevi. 

Archived