The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hey CDC..Rank These D!

Nuxfanabroad

Do me a favour CDC'ers. Not enough time to see all teams, further on a crummy lil' pc screen, often can't even see D-men(their play style). That's an important position, you basically want to watch in-person to get a good read on.

- So please tell me the best 15 D-men under 25 yrs? Ranked 1-15. 25 yo, as of end 2017-18 season, let's say. Perhaps Werenski is #1???

- & you expert D-nerds..would you try to rank the best 10, under 22?(playing, or prospects that've been drafted). Don't include the upcoming, vaunted 2018 class, please.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

@coastal.view :lol:

@Nuxfanabroad I think you should add a pool with the top 25 dmen and ask people here to rank their 15 best.

Lordee GB..one life to live! I could probably tell you where the 25 prettiest(crimson red) momiji(maple trees) are in the city of Kyoto.

But in 2 wks, the leaves have fallen. So contrast that impermanence, with the fact that no moss grows on this rollin'(2 wheeled) stoner. Now then..where were we?

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Lordee GB..one life to live! I could probably tell you where the 25 prettiest(crimson red) momiji(maple trees) are in the city of Kyoto.

But in 2 wks, the leaves have fallen. So contrast that impermanence, with the fact that no moss grows on this rollin'(2 wheeled) stoner. Now then..where were we?

I don't know either, now you have me thinking about eating ramen noodles and shabu shabu under a blanket of Japanese fall colours. 

34 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I'm game. I enjoyed tea in this garden in Kyoto 10 years ago:

TmIuorI.jpg

Hey man, isn't that Ginkakuji's garden? The Missus & I went there(& Nanzenji, along the Eastern mtns) about 6 wks ago.

There's a hill as you scroll right, the path goes sharply up, to give a nice overview...

It is. Unfortunately my older photos don't always scroll right when I want them to. I remember one morning where I was standing in the middle of the crowd eating raw tuna with a little soy sauce in the market in Kyoto. I received some quizzical glances, but it was some damn good breakfast. Cheap too as it was the flesh they scrape off the bone after removing the loins. You know how it is.

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

I don't know either, now you have me thinking about eating ramen noodles and shabu shabu under a blanket of Japanese fall colours. 

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Let's forget about D then, & discuss the magic of Kyoto...(mawds can move this to the travel section)

Umm, can I get a karage, steamed rice with sesame sauce, 2 toro, unagi, sake and a large bottle of sake with that ramen shabu2. And Dynamite roll. 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Gluttony's one of 'dem 7 deadly sins, L2.

Have an Asahi Dry, on the house.

Gluttony...

That's just a snack dammit, I'm a big boy! Rice and seaweed hardly counts anyways, in my mind, I just ordered chicken wings, soup and a few tiny pieces of fish. I didn't order salad or dessert. (spicy tuna with avacodo roll and a jug of asahi)

9 minutes ago, 6string said:

Kinkaku-Ji, quintessential Japan!

471jXg8.png 

My camera didn't do such a hot job of picking up the light way back then, in fact it looks like a hot Polaroid, but I'd say quintessential is accurate. What's the name of the temple on the edge of the hill in Kyoto? Usually has a spotlight shooting up into the sky. That was a nice one to visit as well.

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Gluttony...

That's just a snack dammit, I'm a big boy! Rice and seaweed hardly counts anyways, in my mind, I just ordered chicken wings, soup and a few tiny pieces of fish. I didn't order salad or dessert. (spicy tuna with avacodo roll and a jug of asahi)

Don't forget to give a hot second slap to a few of these puppies. The hot kombu broth that's been flavoured with mushrooms, leeks, and onion just takes the chill off and the meat dissolves in your mouth faster than cotton candy. Savourable moment.

3laemCI.png 

Archived