-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Rabbit said:

The game was full of energy, entertaining. Canucks should get 2 points if the refs...

Edler continues his terrible play. Why did the Coach use him?

Nilsson should get more in net opportunity. I am not saying Marky not good, but Nilsson is hot now.

Proud of the B-line.

Coach Green, please work more for the 3-3, we have not win one so far.

I thought Pouliot was worse than Edler, our entire D had an off night but Pouliot had a real stinker imo. 

Hopefully bounce back game in Philly is in order. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I thought Pouliot was worse than Edler, our entire D had an off night but Pouliot had a real stinker imo. 

Hopefully bounce back game in Philly is in order. 

Good observation. I love that kids game but he had a poor game. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

The ones brought in to score should get a good hard appraisal right now by Benning. If they are handcuffing Green he should step in and let the coach know it's okay to bench them.

16 hours ago, riffraff said:

I said defensively........inept.

its true.  It's not disrespectful.

you chose to ignore the context.

i stand by my opinion that jake is not playing jakes game when on the twins line.  when jake broke into the league it was the MO to turn jake into a complete player.  So how does it help him to play with two defensive liabilities and start in the offensive zone more often than not, if the goal is to improve jakes two way game.?

Riff raff,

I did not willfully ignore your context, but read a coma where it wasn’t. Apologies for the grams error. 

However I still strongly disagree with calling the twins inept and do not with  hold with the narrative that the Canucks are holding Jake back and ruining his confidence, especially with Green as his coach and the twins as his line mates right now. 

Green has shown more willingness to play rookies and developing players in key situations than the three previous coaches.  On that basis I don’t hold to your arguement.  

Added this year it is up to Jake to earn his minutes. He did well to make the team out of camp, but he has to continue to earn the right to stay up vs his fellow prospects on the farm.

IMO it shows how much the club and staff want to develop Jake by playing him with the twins. 

EmW

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Aside from all the game fixing calls by the refs in the game, which have been well documented... a huge turning point would have been on the Jake wrap around.

If Jake scores and out speeds Pietrangelo on that wrap around, half these discussions wouldn't be happening right now. It's a game of inches. 

I honestly liked what I saw from our boys on Saturday. Future is bright and this season could turn out to be a great one. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Riff raff,

I did not willfully ignore your context, but read a coma where it wasn’t. Apologies for the grams error. 

However I still strongly disagree with calling the twins inept and do not with  hold with the narrative that the Canucks are holding Jake back and ruining his confidence, especially with Green as his coach and the twins as his line mates right now. 

Green has shown more willingness to play rookies and developing players in key situations than the three previous coaches.  On that basis I don’t hold to your arguement.  

Added this year it is up to Jake to earn his minutes. He did well to make the team out of camp, but he has to continue to earn the right to stay up vs his fellow prospects on the farm.

IMO it shows how much the club and staff want to develop Jake by playing him with the twins. 

EmW

I guess we'll agree to disagree.  I will admit that the BLine needs to remain intact - a group of players more suited to jakes style, so that leaves the sedins to at least attempt to bring jake along in some offensive way.  Five years ago it would have been great but right now jake looks like a square peg in a round hole out there due to no fault of his own.

18 hours ago, Yotes said:

I agree, to be nostalgic we could offer vanek or Gagner for hansen

hansen could still be a good player on a younger team like ours. But very unlikely to happen, he is missed with his versatility of being an effective player from line 1 thru 4

The Honey Badger?..like real good & awesome, eh? He'd also be cheaper because we're retaining 25% of his contract!

New sig / avatar in honour of how good Loui has been playing. Keep it up Loui!