The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Radko Gudas suspended 10 games

14 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Unintentional? C'mon Gudas, you're not fooling anyone here. At best, he meant to hit Perreault somewhere else, but there's little doubt he intended to whack him. A worthwhile suspension. Good job to the DPOS on this one.

Yeah, completely unintentional is not flying with anyone. I can see how him being off balance just before maybe made it harder than he meant (and probably screwed up his aim) but you can tell he was pissed at Perrault. 10 games is ok, and he's gotta know it's just getting worse from here.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

only by complete luck. I can't believe you don't think chopping a guy like that isn't a big deal or isn't risky.

Only by complete luck? So that's how suspensions should be based now? The chance that someone could have been seriously hurt? You know that's not how it works. He didn't hit him on the neck or direct head. He hit him on the helmet okay that is not worth 10 games. An elbow to the face is not even worth 10 games. Had he hit him on the neck or head without a helmet 10 games would be justified.

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Only by complete luck? So that's how suspensions should be based now? The chance that someone could have been seriously hurt? You know that's not how it works. He didn't hit him on the neck or direct head. He hit him on the helmet okay that is not worth 10 games. An elbow to the face is not even worth 10 games. Had he hit him on the neck or head without a helmet 10 games would be justified.

he did something very risky to another player, and yes only by being very lucky did he miss the guys neck. 

4 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Those sticks flex and break very easily.

so they should change the rule now ,because hockey sticks in the past weren't as flexable ? :blink:

4 hours ago, peaches5 said:

He didn't hit him on the back of the neck he hit him on the side of the helmet and with what you're saying then Perrault should get 10 games too. He shoved his stick into the back of Gudas head purposely.

gudas's stick CLEARLY hits the bottom edge of  perreault's helmet and may have contacted his neck  way to close for dops to ignore ! while perreaults PALM of his glove is what took off gudas's helmet ! .quit exaggerating what perreault did and at the same time down playing what gudas did .ive watch

ed the vid several times and NOT once did it look even close to what you've said. your either one of those guys that like to argue for arguments sake or you need to get your eyes checked.

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

I know he's a repeat offender... but did he really do that on purpose? 

Maybe I'm bias because I have him on one of my fantasy teams... this really hurts. I'm 10th of 12 and he was vital to my team :(

Yes, of course he did. Pretty damning track record of boneheaded dirty plays. 

On 11/20/2017 at 12:10 PM, peaches5 said:

Geez, I just had to unhide this post didn't I? An intelligent person would realize this wouldn't have been 10 games if he wasn't such a repeat offender.

On 11/20/2017 at 12:18 PM, peaches5 said:

You can say that about practically every suspension. Fact is he did not hit the players head or neck. 

In for a penny, in for a pound I guess. A stick to the helmet is a stick to the head. Just because he hit (mostly) the helmet doesn't suddenly make it ok.

On 2017-11-20 at 2:18 PM, peaches5 said:

You can say that about practically every suspension. Fact is he did not hit the players head or neck. 

If that's what you say,  then the NHL DOS got it right, and are now looking at "intent" rather than incidental contact.. a players helmet is an extension of a players head,. It is there to protect his head, not simply a helmet that can be hit.

There is no way Gudas's stick should have been any where near Perrault's head.

He targeted it.

Archived