• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
SvenBae

[Report] Canucks place Rodin on unconditional waivers

It's unfortunate to see that he couldn't secure a full-time spot with the Canucks, but this is the right move for both sides. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's unfortunate to see that he couldn't secure a full-time spot with the Canucks, but this is the right move for both sides. 

And one that reflects well on Benning.

It is too bad Rodin is going back to Sweden. But injuries were an issue.

I also think playing a skilled player like him in a minimal role in Utica without at call up at the start prior to his recent minor injury was the undoing for him. A top talent in Sweden came over, yes he had a setback with his knee but was seemingly healthy this year. Just to see Megna get called up and a anti offensive Gaunce play in Vancouver over him.

Sure, earn your spot but those two have far less skill that him. I can see why Rodin would be upset and want to be released. I dont think he was given a full chance to succeed. Disagree if you want, I just think he had some speed and skill we could have used on this team over a Gaunce, Burmistrov, Megna.

best of luck to him, got to think that is his last chance at the NHL, or for sure he wont be coming back to Vancouver.

Good luck Anton, I was pulling for you to succeed and make it. Unfortunately we signed too many fringe players in the summer and you didnt have that stand out pre season like the year before.

Assuming he was healthy, I would have gladly played him over Vanek, Gagner or Burmistrov. Too much bloat on the roster for Rodin to get a sniff.

• Upvote 1

Too bad, I thought there was something there last year.  I guess essentially missing 2 years of hockey was too much. 

I assume going back to play in Europe. 

Good luck.

I sense this is a timing issue and wonder that since a few D are coming back that someone is going to be shipped out. One or more of the returns could then take Rodin place on the Utica roster

Like say for instance...Jayce Hawryluk after Benning trades Gudbranson to florida

Just a thought....

Edited by missioncanucksfan

2 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I sense this is a timing issue and wonder that since a few D are coming back that someone is going to be shipped out. One or more of the returns could then take Rodin place on the Utica roster

Just a thought....

Maybe Rodin, after accepting he's not going to make it in the NHL, just wanted to go back home?

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Rodin, after accepting he's not going to make it in the NHL, just wanted to go back home?

You could be right but there could also have been...

"Hey, we'll honor your request...just give us a bit here ok?"

The guy legitimately had some of the worst injury luck in hockey... was so excited for him to come over and play when it was first rumoured they wanted to bring him back, but it just wasn't meant to be I guess. Hope he can get back to 100% and still have a good career in Sweden, for his sake.

Good luck to Rodin wherever he ends up. Have been saying he was not a fit for the last year or two and not surprised by this at all.  

Next up: Subban

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I hope he has a good year over there and makes an NHL team at some point, he's certainly earned it for all he's been though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hope he has a good year over there and makes an NHL team at some point, he's certainly earned it for all he's been though. 

Hope he even gets a look to play for Sweden in the Olympics and hope it opens up an opportunity for him.

Would think being a former SHL MVP will help his pedigree

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Wishing him all the best of luck in future endeavours.

The HC Davos make it official. Here is a rough Google translation:

Anton Rödin, 26-year-old Swedish winger changes from AHL to HC Davos.

Anton Rödin (born November 21, 1990) is a versatile scoring winger who last played for the Utica Comets in the AHL and scored 44 points (15 goals / 29 assists) in 121 games in the AHL.

The 2015/16 MVP of Svenska Hockeyligan (SHL) has signed a contract with Hockey Club Davos until the end of the 2018/19 season.

The Hockey Club Davos welcomes Anton Rödin.

https://www.hcd.ch/de/news/hcd-verpflichtet-anton-roedin

Good for Rödin. NLA is probably the highest paying league in Europe and third highest (after NHL and KHL) in the world. Team salaries can run north of $20 million and some of the individual top players can get $1 million or more per season.