The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks place Rodin on unconditional waivers

SvenBae

It is too bad Rodin is going back to Sweden. But injuries were an issue.

I also think playing a skilled player like him in a minimal role in Utica without at call up at the start prior to his recent minor injury was the undoing for him. A top talent in Sweden came over, yes he had a setback with his knee but was seemingly healthy this year. Just to see Megna get called up and a anti offensive Gaunce play in Vancouver over him.

Sure, earn your spot but those two have far less skill that him. I can see why Rodin would be upset and want to be released. I dont think he was given a full chance to succeed. Disagree if you want, I just think he had some speed and skill we could have used on this team over a Gaunce, Burmistrov, Megna.

best of luck to him, got to think that is his last chance at the NHL, or for sure he wont be coming back to Vancouver.

Good luck Anton, I was pulling for you to succeed and make it. Unfortunately we signed too many fringe players in the summer and you didnt have that stand out pre season like the year before.

2 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I sense this is a timing issue and wonder that since a few D are coming back that someone is going to be shipped out. One or more of the returns could then take Rodin place on the Utica roster

Just a thought....

Maybe Rodin, after accepting he's not going to make it in the NHL, just wanted to go back home?

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hope he has a good year over there and makes an NHL team at some point, he's certainly earned it for all he's been though. 

Hope he even gets a look to play for Sweden in the Olympics and hope it opens up an opportunity for him.

Would think being a former SHL MVP will help his pedigree

The HC Davos make it official. Here is a rough Google translation:

Anton Rödin, 26-year-old Swedish winger changes from AHL to HC Davos.

Anton Rödin (born November 21, 1990) is a versatile scoring winger who last played for the Utica Comets in the AHL and scored 44 points (15 goals / 29 assists) in 121 games in the AHL.

The 2015/16 MVP of Svenska Hockeyligan (SHL) has signed a contract with Hockey Club Davos until the end of the 2018/19 season.

The Hockey Club Davos welcomes Anton Rödin.

https://www.hcd.ch/de/news/hcd-verpflichtet-anton-roedin

Archived