The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nuckz vz Flyerz 4:00pm PST (SNP/SN650) (Nov 21)

Odd.

The Flyers used to be big, fast physical team. I'm not sure what their identity is of late. Like the Nucks, I think they may be transitioning to a new identity of speed and skill.

The Flyers have lost 4 straight. The last two went beyond regulation. They will be extremely hungry for a home win. Should be a great game. They have a talented forward group but I'm not very familiar with their D core. 

I hope to see the Nucks focus on Shots, Hits, and Traffic.

GCG!

8 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Obviously. This means Boeser is not needed and can spend the rest of the year in the AHL. (sarcasm) 

OR

what i stated a few weeks ago is true, and he's keeping Bo and that "top line" afloat, and the best thing Benning can do is find players BETTER than Bo and Baer to restructure a top line with Boeser as a key.

we may have those players in the system already, what with 5 or 6 of them dominating in their respective leagues? 

but we have Hank, Dank, and Eriksson taking up 3 top 9 roster spots.

that's a big honkin' fail there, folks, which needs to change by next season. 

I speculate Benning knew the Sedins would not be resigned when he locked-up Loui. Next year the rebuild should be over the hump. The questions of PMD, PP bomb, physicality and goaltending remain unanswered.

39 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

The Flyers used to be big, fast physical team. I'm not sure what their identity is of late. Like the Nucks, I think they may be transitioning to a new identity of speed and skill.

The Flyers have lost 4 straight. The last two went beyond regulation. They will be extremely hungry for a home win. Should be a great game. They have a talented forward group but I'm not very familiar with their D core. 

I hope to see the Nucks focus on Shots, Hits, and Traffic.

GCG!

Their D core is inexperienced but give them time and they will have one of the strongest defensive cores in the league. Hagg, Sanheim, Provorov, Gostisbehere, Morin, etc. 

Also, they've for a number of years, have had problems with goaltending. Neuvirth is a solid backup goalie, Elliott is an NHL starter but he's quite inconsistent. He's generally a slow starter too. 

It's interesting because Flyers aren't exactly rebuilding but re-tooling. With them drafting solid over the years helped tremendously with being back on track after a few dismal seasons (they got lucky last year and won the 2nd overall pick). They're pretty much set on defense and offense but goaltending remains to be the issue.

20 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Their D core is inexperienced but give them time and they will have one of the strongest defensive cores in the league. Hagg, Sanheim, Provorov, Gostisbehere, Morin, etc. 

Also, they've for a number of years, have had problems with goaltending. Neuvirth is a solid backup goalie, Elliott is an NHL starter but he's quite inconsistent. He's generally a slow starter too. 

It's interesting because Flyers aren't exactly rebuilding but re-tooling. With them drafting solid over the years helped tremendously with being back on track after a few dismal seasons (they got lucky last year and won the 2nd overall pick). They're pretty much set on defense and offense but goaltending remains to be the issue.

Thank you for the elaboration. Reads as though the Nucks are less advanced in "re-tooling". Even on goaltending, it's still early to say what we have for the next couple of years.

36 minutes ago, Odd. said:

In goal they have Stolarz coming up (who is injured), he would be their Demko. He looked very solid in the games he played for the Flyers last season. They also have Oskar Lindblom in the AHL right now, and many had him pegged to be on the team this year but he had trouble adapting to the NHL rink and pace. Add in good young guys like Weal and Konecny, and Coots suddenly finding his offensive game on a steal of a contract and they have a bright future too

Canucks vs Flyers Cup Final 202_

12 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

In goal they have Stolarz coming up (who is injured), he would be their Demko. He looked very solid in the games he played for the Flyers last season. They also have Oskar Lindblom in the AHL right now, and many had him pegged to be on the team this year but he had trouble adapting to the NHL rink and pace. Add in good young guys like Weal and Konecny, and Coots suddenly finding his offensive game on a steal of a contract and they have a bright future too

Canucks vs Flyers Cup Final 202_

2021!

17 hours ago, Odd. said:

paper balls in trash bin. although I'll be honest, I actually really like Sutter a lot. Pretty valuable in faceoffs and shutting down top lines. Don't know why i chose it but whatever.

but how do you really feel about Gagner :lol: although the name does lend itself to the gif.... 

Archived