The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nuckz vz Flyerz 4:00pm PST (SNP/SN650) (Nov 21)

Odd.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This should not only bring opportunities for players to step up physically such as Guddy and Virt, but the whole team needs to rally behind this and set the tone playing for Dorse throughout this road trip.

Losing Dorsett really hurts especially at the beginning of the trip, hope he heals up well. Team needs to respond

59 minutes ago, mll said:

There are only 3 games tonight and only one in the east - ie only one game to scout.

Canucks are also playing NJD, NYI, NYR and PIT so they probably also have their scouts present ahead of the games.

good point, but its also good exposure. My preference is for Jim to make a really solid offer to re-sign Guddy, but we'll see. Ottawa makes a lot of sense to me for him to end up but they may not want to send all their best prospects here :P 

All of them have over 1000+ NHL games experience, and been in the league ranging from 17 years to 29 years.

REFEREES

Chris Rooney (#5) Chris Lee (#28)
  130p_rooney.jpg 130p_lee.jpg
Games 16-17 32 69
Career Games 1014 1011
First NHL Game 11/22/00 4/2/00
Birthplace Boston, MA Saint John, NB
Goals/Gm 5.7 (6) 5.3 (29)
PP/Gm 3.0 (19) 2.8 (34)
Penl/Gm 3.7 (28) 3.9 (21)
PIM/Gm 8.6 (30) 10.5 (5)
% of Penl on Home 50.0% (4) 48.0% (11)
More Penl on Rd % 0.0% (35) 10.0% (21)
Home Win % 63.0% (12) 62.0% (16)
Home Rec. 20-12 43-26
OT/SO Games 9.0% (37) 22.0% (21)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2016-17 33% 41% 26% 26% 36% 38%
Team Records 16-17 15-16 14-15 16-17 15-16 14-15
VAN 0-1 0-4 1-3 3-2 2-2 3-2
PHI 1-1 1-3 2-5 3-1 2-4 2-3

LINESMEN

Brian Murphy (#93) Tim Nowak (#77)
  130p_murphy.jpg 130p_nowak.jpg
Games 16-17 69 70
Career Games 1863 1583
First NHL Game 10/7/88 10/8/93
Birthplace Dover, NH Buffalo, NY

19 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This should not only bring opportunities for players to step up physically such as Guddy and Virt, but the whole team needs to rally behind this and set the tone playing for Dorse throughout this road trip.

Losing Dorsett really hurts especially at the beginning of the trip, hope he heals up well. Team needs to respond

True. How the team comes out and plays tonight will be a true indication of how tight the team is or how fragmented it is.

Losing a player who plays for the team and wears his heart on his sleeve like Dorsett does, is a pretty big blow. If others with the propensity for physical play don't show up, it will be indicative of where their heads are at.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Unless he's already stated to Benning that he's not interested in re-signing with the Canucks, it would be a mistake to preemptively trade Gudbranson.

If 15 teams are there for Gudbranson, it shows how valuable teams find him to be still, regardless of calculator jockeys.

amen brotha.

I still honestly believe he hasn't been used effectively with the right partner.  He was absolutely solid playing beside Del Zotto, and even Del Zotto's game seemed to benefit beside Guddy.  However, Guddy has been delegated to babysitting of Ben Hutton, who plays like such a loose cannon, Guddy gets exposed trying to compensate.

Numbers are just numbers, Guddy brings things that only Derek Dorsett brings, and at this point without Dorsett, losing Gudbranson would cripple the team's confidence in many ways more than one. 

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

During 70's I hadda' 'Mad Magazine'(who remembers those?) that called him Appalling Greed..funny at the time.

I never got into the Mad magazines myself but Mad TV was always the bomb. 

Key & Peele had lots of good skits... Bobby Lee... Michael McDonald 

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True. How the team comes out and plays tonight will be a true indication of how tight the team is or how fragmented it is.

Losing a player who plays for the team and wears his heart on hi sleeve like Dorsett does is a pretty big blow. If others with the propensity for physical play don't show up, it will be indicative of where their heads are at.

I know it's not ideal but this should fire up the boys. They gotta rally around this sorta thing... 

Hoping to see Loui get a few goals tonight + 4 fights in honour of McDorsett. 

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

amen brotha.

I still honestly believe he hasn't been used effectively with the right partner.  He was absolutely solid playing beside Del Zotto, and even Del Zotto's game seemed to benefit beside Guddy.  However, Guddy has been delegated to babysitting of Ben Hutton, who plays like such a loose cannon, Guddy gets exposed trying to compensate.

Same here. Del Zotto and Gudbranson was the best pairing for the first ten games. They played extremely well off of each other and were a huge part of why the Canucks had one of the lowest GAA during that timeframe.

I'd like to see that pairing back together with Tanev babysitting Edler and Stecher and Pouliot together, which also looked really good earlier in the year. Hutton offers nothing that the other six aforementioned don't already have. Time to move on.

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Numbers are just numbers, Guddy brings things that only Derek Dorsett brings, and at this point without Dorsett, losing Gudbranson would cripple the team's confidence in many ways more than one. 

Very true. Analytics serve well as a tool, that can be used in conjunction with experience. They do miss a huge amount of vital information that only experience in managing, coaching, and/or playing provides.

The Canucks have been a team with the reputation for being easy to push around, and teams have taken advantage of this and got them off their game. This, in turn, has affected the outcome of games, many games. But the number junkies can't quantify it, so they just ignore it.

Guddy needs to bring it tonight. Make his presence felt. If Guddy isn't signed because he doesn't want to play here, I fully support Benning trading him. If he is interested and gives Benning first crack, I hope Benning signs him within the realm of reason.

This team needs youth, scoring, and skill. It also needs presence.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Great opportunity to see if we have any yutes ready and willing to step up into the breach.

maybe Jake but other than him who is there - Burmi is keeping the seat warm in the press box

Archived