The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Gabriel Dumont (claimed by Senators)

30 minutes ago, Freaky Freak said:

he was waived in the last few days according to the TSN ticker

and he is not on their roster according to NHL.com

That he was! Waived on the 16th, cleared on the 17th.

I've now got 12 forwards, 6 D, and 1 G who were all formerly in the Canucks organization and were placed on waivers this offseason/season.

Trouble is, there aren't many former Canucks goalies still in the league who are likely to waived (Miller, Luongo, and Schneids won't be). I think the only option is Lack but I'm not sure if the Flames have a third option in goal that's likely to displace Lack any time soon. 

7 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I've now got 12 forwards, 6 D, and 1 G who were all formerly in the Canucks organization and were placed on waivers this offseason/season.

Trouble is, there aren't many former Canucks goalies still in the league who are likely to waived (Miller, Luongo, and Schneids won't be). I think the only option is Lack but I'm not sure if the Flames have a third option in goal that's likely to displace Lack any time soon. 

Who was the goalie that got waived?

11 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I Googled him and a former Metis leader from 1873 popped up. I'm guessing that's not him.

gabe was an old man in 1886. he was a metis leader in saskatchewan. they may not be related but my bet would be that he is in some form. there are many french families in canada that all date back to the first french settlers. like cloutier's, melanson's, boucher's and many more. i have history books to prove this.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] Gabriel Dumont (claimed by Senators)
On 11/21/2017 at 11:40 AM, Where's Wellwood said:

I may have jinxed Lack. 

Archived