The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Love green but don't agree with not putting Boeser out for the empty net

Normally I'd agree, but it's more important to get some of the other guys rolling.  Our secondary scoring has been seriously lacking.

I was actually hoping for a Gaunce, Gags, Loui deployment.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Can't agree with you Mikey.  It was the defensive players time to nail it.  Too risky going for another goal the way Philly was coming on. 

Understandable. I think if it was a 1 goal difference I'd agree but this one was a no brainer in my opinion. 

Good game, man it’s nice to watch enterianing hockey.

vanek gaunce had good games

The boss with two  guys a real treat to watch.

Marstrom had a solid performace after looking a little shaky early.

vanek has really change my view of him he’s been a good addition and a bargain at 2mill.

The grump brother bieska and vanek.

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Not gonna lie, pissed at coach for not putting Boeser out for the final minute. 

Priorities folks..let's nail down the W, & not worry about ind awards.

I bet Brock is totally on board with this approach..great kid!

edit: They also helped Loui get the gorilla off back.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Understandable. I think if it was a 1 goal difference I'd agree but this one was a no brainer in my opinion. 

Disagree.  Philly was coming on hard.  One mistake = a goal and then it is suddenly a battle.  Team game=team win.  It's not about Brock getting a hat trick.  It's November...he will have many chances for that.

So Eriksson 1g and 4a in his last 5 games since returning. Now has 6 points in 9 games. Great to see him heating up. He's been a huge bonus on our PK as well and means we dont have to wear out Horvat, Dorsett, Granlund and Sutter as much.

As for the game, I was generally impressed with the bottom 6. Also, affter bashing Baertschi quite a lot in the first few games of the season, I'm really starting to like Baertschi now. He has a couple of PP goals and he's proving to be the playmaker of that triple B line. 

Sedins pick up 2 points each, Gags with an assist, Virtanen too, Loui with his first, Boeser with 2. People that needed some points got em today, can't be a more satisfying game than that.

On to the next one..

Archived