The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blues looks like the real deal

Rush17

I have a feeling they are going to be in the western final this year.  They have had some "medicore" playoff performances but I feel if they remain healthy they can be a serious contender.  A Tampa Bay vs St. Louis final would be sweeet! they seem to have solved their "average goaltending" problem with more offensive production. We probably have several players that might be a good fit if we fail to qualify for the post season.  Look forward to seeing us play them again.

Anyone else feel they might be a real contender this season? that 8 goal thumping on edm was nice to see. they have a belief and magic about themselves.  reminds me of the calgary swagger from the other year.  except with more substance and actual fangs that can bite.

That top line is as good as any in the league right now, Schenn is finally blossoming with the right playmaker in Schwartz.

Again, we see the perfect combination of sniper (Tarasenko) + two way powerforward (Schenn) + playmaker (Schwartz).

This is what the Canucks need to try and emulate. Schenn is far from elite as is Schwartz, but put them all together and they're putting elite-like numbers.

We've got this going to an extent with the BBB line but really need a better playmaker than Baertschi. Pettersson in the mix will be interesting, throw him with any powerforward and Boeser and we've got our elite line.

They look solid so far, and should be getting Berglund back soon.

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Also, are them C's good enough?

Schenn

Stastny

Berglund

Sundqvist

Brodziak

Plus Sobotka can play C, and Tage Thompson can be called up. No bonafide, elite 1C - but certainly have the depth.

They look pretty hype, but they have yet to get deep in the playoffs. If they can make the conference finals again or the Cup finals, then maybe they can be more respected as serious threats.

Crazy to think that the Blues haven't even made it to the finals since 1970.

18 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I have a feeling they are going to be in the western final this year.  They have had some "medicore" playoff performances but I feel if they remain healthy they can be a serious contender.  A Tampa Bay vs St. Louis final would be sweeet! they seem to have solved their "average goaltending" problem with more offensive production. We probably have several players that might be a good fit if we fail to qualify for the post season.  Look forward to seeing us play them again.

Anyone else feel they might be a real contender this season? that 8 goal thumping on edm was nice to see. they have a belief and magic about themselves.  reminds me of the calgary swagger from the other year.  except with more substance and actual fangs that can bite.

The Blues are the Washington Capitals West.

Archived