The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau plans to reintegrate ISIS terrorists into Canada

GM

Terrorist sympathizer, Justin Trudeau, is planning to reintegrate 180 Canadians who left Canadian soil to fight for ISIS. Trudeau has already caused suspicion as to where his loyalty lies by giving terrorists their citizenship back, attempting to secretly pay terrorist Omar Khadr 10.5 million dollars and giving 30 million to 3 Canadians accused of terrorism while visiting Syria.

Conservative opposition leader, Andrew Scheer, blasted Trudeau:

“These are people who got on a plane to fight for ISIS and watched as our allied soldiers were burned to death in a cage. These are people who got on a plane to go to fight for an organization that sells women and girls into slavery. These are people who left Canada to fight for a group of people who push homosexuals off buildings just for being gay,” Scheer told the House of Commons Monday.

This is how the liberals explained the plan:

The Liberals have launched the Canada Centre for Community Engagement and Prevention of Violence which “helps to ensure that resources are in place to facilitate disengagement from violent ideologies,” the prime minister read.

And the government will “also continue to carefully monitor trends in extremist travel, and our national security agencies work together to ensure that our response reflects the current threat environment,” Trudeau added.

The solutions appear to be reeducation programs and monitoring. What will this cost tax-payers?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trudeau-sparks-outrage-with-plan-to-reintegrate-isis-terrorists-into-canada

https://globalnews.ca/news/3871229/canada-concerned-returning-isis-fighters-justin-trudeau/

According to one of the links, they are being prosecuted first.  If they serve a couple of decades in jail first, then fine.  If they only spend a few years in jail before they are released, then that's a big security problem.

As for the payoffs, there has to be much more to the story.

I don't think it's fair to say Trudeau secretly attempted to pay Khadr 10.5 Million... they were going to lose the lawsuit and likely pay out a lot more, they negotiated a settlement. Non-disclosure is pretty standard practice in arbitrated settlements and the settlement likely saved the taxpayer a few million. I don't know about everything else being reported. 

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

I don't think it's fair to say Trudeau secretly attempted to pay Khadr 10.5 Million... they were going to lose the lawsuit and likely pay out a lot more, they negotiated a settlement. Non-disclosure is pretty standard practice in arbitrated settlements and the settlement likely saved the taxpayer a few million. I don't know about everything else being reported. 

There was no lawsuit, this was all on Trudeau and HIS decision

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/isis-fighters-returning-target-jihadis-1.4404021

"Canada does not engage in death squads," Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale told CBC's Power & Politics on Friday.

"With the battlefield activity winding down, there is a very real question about where the foreign fighters go, and all of our allies, whether they're in the Five Eyes or the G7, we've all agreed to collaborate very carefully."

Returning foreign terrorist travellers and their families, specifically women and children, require the appropriate disengagement and reintegration support," he wrote in an email to CBC News

Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan said his department's job is ensuring foreign fighters don't become a threat.

"We will make sure that we put every type of resource into place so Canadians are well protected," he told a crowd at the Halifax International Security Forum on Friday.

At the end of 2015, the government said it was aware of about 180 individuals "with a nexus to Canada" who had travelled overseas to join such groups, and of another 60 who had returned to Canada.

According to a 2016 report, Public Safety Canada is aware returning jihadis "may have skills, experience and relationships developed abroad that could be used to recruit or inspire individuals in Canada. They may also engage in terrorist financing, helping others to travel, or even planning attacks in Canada.

"The attacks directed by [ISIS] in Paris and Brussels provide examples. Most of the attackers were returnees linked to [ISIS]."

To date, no Canadian has been successfully prosecuted for travelling to Syria or Iraq to join a terror group. According to government estimates more than 200 Canadian "terrorist travellers" have faced no legal consequences in Canada.

So glad I didn't vote for this idiot. Authorities already know of sympathizers here and do nothing. The government has already relocated IS fighters here; there was an article a while back on CBC about one. They hid his identity - he was allowed back and never charged with joining a terrorist group or going overseas to fight because he is "remorseful", and they couldn't verify whether he actually cut anyone's head off.

This cuck culture is going to get people here killed. Just watch. 

27 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Which is horse$&!# because all the intelligence agencies did was.. provide intelligence. Now this opens the flood gates for everyone else looking to get paid. What someone else does with intelligence shouldn't be our problem. It was the Americans who illegally detained Khadr and beat his ass at Guantanamo. If this was really about justice, he would've sued the U.S. government, but of course they wouldn't have given him a dime. Instead, terrorists like Khadr see an easy target in Captain Cuck, and he caved quicker than a cheap tent.

12 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Which is horse$&!# because all the intelligence agencies did was.. provide intelligence. Now this opens the flood gates for everyone else looking to get paid. What someone else does with intelligence shouldn't be our problem. It was the Americans who illegally detained Khadr and beat his ass at Guantanamo. If this was really about justice, he would've sued the U.S. government, but of course they wouldn't have given him a dime. Instead, terrorists like Khadr see an easy target in Captain Cuck, and he caved quicker than a cheap tent.

You're wrong the floodgates were opened by the conservatives... I don't care about politics one way or another, I don't consider myself liberal nor conservative, both have valid points and both have done idiotic things but the conservatives were the ones that set the precedence for these payouts back in 2007.

it was Stephen Harper's government that agreed to pay $10 million to Maher Arar in 2007, acknowledging the Canadian government's actions may have led to his torture by Syrian officials in 2002.

Edit: All the RCMP did was "provide intelligence" on Maher Arar too... Khadr was a minor... there is a difference and is why he got .5M more than Arar I guess. But 10 million seems to be the going rate now because of Harper's payout. 

5 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

You're wrong the floodgates were opened by the conservatives... I don't care about politics one way or another, I don't consider myself liberal nor conservative, both have valid points and both have done idiotic things but the conservatives were the ones that set the precedence for these payouts back in 2007.

Fair enough then. They're both in the wrong and deserve to be ridiculed for making us pay for the crimes of others..

get this clown out of office; turning canada into downtown eastside.  Lets his finance minsters company run the budget so they can claim maximum profit.  Liberals are so full of corruption.  i guess flood the immigration line so his party has a chance.  Cant deport a terrorist because they probably are a liberal vote.  

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Fair enough then. They're both in the wrong and deserve to be ridiculed for making us pay for the crimes of others..

I can agree to that!

But in the Khadr case the supreme court already ruled in his favour if he had have launched a civil suit there is no doubt the government would have lost and if they did the payout would have been more and Canada would have had to foot his and their own legal bills to boot. 

Once the supreme court ruled there was literally only settling for as little as possible left as a win.

The other 3 payouts, I have no idea about but I think if someone aids or joins with terrorists in any capacity they should lose any right to any sort of monetary compensation whatsoever. 

Archived