The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau plans to reintegrate ISIS terrorists into Canada

GM

@GM

this "article" is so monumentally stupid its not even funny. It has all the earmarks of an Ezra Levant lawsuit. We do not need Brietbart North. 

Who Produces LifeSiteNews?

The service was originally started by Campaign Life Coalition (CLC), a Canadian national pro-life organization 

53 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

According to one of the links, they are being prosecuted first.  If they serve a couple of decades in jail first, then fine.  If they only spend a few years in jail before they are released, then that's a big security problem.

As for the payoffs, there has to be much more to the story.

its our slimy version of Brietbart. We have a loser up here named Ezra Levant that has a monkey grinder of fake news that the religious right up here eats with a spoon. 

3 minutes ago, Hobble said:

As far as I'm concerned, I'd cut up their Canada citizenship card. They wanted to go over there to fight with terrorists, let them stay there.

Again, it's funny/surprising/not surprising but still somehow surprising how ignorant of actual information people are and how vehemently they spout their confident yet ignorant opinion. 

Good job everyone.

2 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I can agree to that!

But in the Khadr case the supreme court already ruled in his favour if he had have launched a civil suit there is no doubt the government would have lost and if they did the payout would have been more and Canada would have had to foot his and their own legal bills to boot. 

Once the supreme court ruled there was literally only settling for as little as possible left as a win.

The other 3 payouts, I have no idea about but I think if someone aids or joins with terrorists in any capacity they should lose any right to any sort of monetary compensation whatsoever. 

But there wasn't a monetary figure whatsoever attached to that ruling. This legal system has some sick priorities considering there was no actual wrong doing on our part as far as I'm aware. If it can be demonstrated our people tortured him then so be it, but I've heard of no such thing following this story. All we did was provide intelligence. The Americans detained and beat him. At the end of the day, Khadr was a terrorist and we gave him about 11 million dollars for his actions.

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

But there wasn't a monetary figure whatsoever attached to that ruling. This legal system has some sick priorities considering there was no actual wrong doing on our part as far as I'm aware. If it can be demonstrated our people tortured him then so be it, but I've heard of no such thing following this story. All we did was provide intelligence. The Americans detained and beat him. At the end of the day, Khadr was a terrorist and we gave him about 11 million dollars for his actions.

Perhaps you should read up on it cause you're clearly lacking information. 

1 minute ago, inane said:

Again, it's funny/surprising/not surprising but still somehow surprising how ignorant of actual information people are and how vehemently they spout their confident yet ignorant opinion. 

Good job everyone.

I added a stipulation if this were true, once I realized where it was from.

But even excluding Trudeau and all that bull, I still wouldn't want them coming back if they wanted to.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@GM

this "article" is so monumentally stupid its not even funny. It has all the earmarks of an Ezra Levant lawsuit. We do not need Brietbart North. 

Who Produces LifeSiteNews?

The service was originally started by Campaign Life Coalition (CLC), a Canadian national pro-life organization 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its our slimy version of Brietbart. We have a loser up here named Ezra Levant that has a monkey grinder of fake news that the religious right up here eats with a spoon. 

Do you trust global?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/3871229/canada-concerned-returning-isis-fighters-justin-trudeau/amp/

In parliament, Trudeau pledged to prosecute those who broke Canada’s anti-terrorism laws by joining the ISIS group, but also said his government would try to reintegrate them into society.

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Canada is taking on more of the US's bad characteristics as time goes on.  That's unfortunate.

24 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

You're right but look at it like this:

Supreme Court Rules Khadr's Human rights were violated under this scenario:

Khadr attacks US troops while a minor

Khadr taken to Gitmo and detained without counsel under war crimes act - only minor prior to WW2 Charged under this

Khadr Maybe tortured and at the very least kept in sub optimal living conditions for years

Canada Knew

Canada didn't try to help or get him back. 

Because Khadr was minor when this started everything above that line would not be taken into consideration during a Civil suit against Canada. 

What would someone be able to sue for if they, as a child were taken and detained/interrogated on foreign soil with the knowledge and support of the Canadian Government for years while be treated poorly and in terrible living conditions? Assuming that they never did all the stuff that Khadr actually did. Because that is how the legal system would have had to look at it. Everything he did as a minor would have had zero bearing on that civil case.

He would have sued... he would have won... he would have won more than what he settled for... Canada would have paid more in legal fees and his legal fees. There was no winning this... there was only settlement... playing by our rules... if we gave out punishment in accordance to what his Terrorist buddies believe to be acceptable we would have all watched this guy hang on Parliament Hill broadcasted on national TV (after hockey night in Canada of course). 

I hope and pray that the family of the American Soldier he killed are able to find a way to sue him for every penny he has every penny he ever makes for the rest of his miserable life. At 15 I knew what I was doing. At 15 I had the ability to discern that throwing grenades at people was wrong... this guy didn't and he got paid for it because the whole system is soft on these scum. 

Khadr settlement was a failing of our own laws and systems, this was not on Trudeau... other things are I'm sure... not this. 

Getting sick of the hate Trudeau gets.  One look at him and I can honestly say he is trying to make this country a better place.  Quit the fear mongering, if your so paranoid that you are going to be a victim of jihad then go live in a bunker in Iceland.  As a country in North America we are susceptible to terrorism whether we continue to define what multiculturism is or we build a wall and kick out every 'shady' person because of what they might do.

26 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Getting sick of the hate Trudeau gets.  One look at him and I can honestly say he is trying to make this country a better place.  Quit the fear mongering, if your so paranoid that you are going to be a victim of jihad then go live in a bunker in Iceland.  As a country in North America we are susceptible to terrorism whether we continue to define what multiculturism is or we build a wall and kick out every 'shady' person because of what they might do.

In parliament, Trudeau pledged to prosecute those who broke Canada’s anti-terrorism laws by joining the ISIS group, but also said his government would try to reintegrate them into society.

55 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Canada is taking on more of the US's bad characteristics as time goes on.  That's unfortunate.

it doesn't play well outside of about 2/3 of the conservative base though, in fact Stephen Harper lost in part due to playing identify politics too far. I'm not worried, its mostly Calgary. 

32 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Call me crazy but I can understand why there might be a handful of people amongst Canada's 30million who may not like the idea of being neighbours to former jihadists.

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

In parliament, Trudeau pledged to prosecute those who broke Canada’s anti-terrorism laws by joining the ISIS group, but also said his government would try to reintegrate them into society.

I'm assuming that means for when their sentences are complete or even to reduce the risk of them radicalizing fellow inmates that are going to be released at some point.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Getting news from alternative media that aren't from mega corporations / state-runned tv that pushes a elitist liberal agenda is so unfortunate! How dare people have differing opinions.

Archived