The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think Kessel is the closest comparison to BB

Certainly as an offensive wonder boy, but Brock's overall game is far better.  I think he is also going to be a fantastic leader and eventual mentor for the young Canucks.

10 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

"Hey NHL -- this is just a first taste.  Wait 'till you see what else we got coming."

Been hearing rumours that Jim may not be re-signed - I hope these are not true - personnally I would like to see him get another 4-5 year extension (I am sure I will get slammed for this by some) - yes some of his moves have not been great thus far (and I hope LE  can make it not look so earth shattering over the next couple years) BUT we are just beginning to see the start of his work

1 minute ago, Bo fan said:

Been hearing rumours that Jim may not be re-signed - I hope these are not true - personnally I would like to see him get another 4-5 year extension (I am sure I will get slammed for this by some) - yes some of his moves have not been great thus far (and I hope LE  can make it not look so earth shattering over the next couple years) BUT we are just beginning to see the start of his work

Sources? I agree, it's too early and too promising to cut and run at this juncture.

I didn't catch any of the game last night and didn't bother watching it recorded... had some night time drama that occupied life :(

Did Loui look good aside from the goal? I wana know if I have the means to continue bragging about him playing awesome every game since being back from injury. 

Also I listed on the radio for the last period... man I absolutely love Corey Hirsch... what is it about former Canucks goalies that makes them amazing colour guys? He's way better than who 1040 was using last year. I still listen to 1040 programming, but the game coverage on 650 is great and largely because of Corey Hirsch. 

Or maybe we're just winning, kicking ass, taking names, and anyone would sound good? :P

Even the other guy is growing on me... I forget his name... the main commentator. 

10 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Sources? I agree, it's too early and too promising to cut and run at this juncture.

believe 1040 - not sure - something about how ownership had hoped that  JB contract being up this year was going un noticed by media =- yada yada

Interesting comments by Elliott Friedman before the game, talking about the Canucks goaltending. He said the team doesn't feel there is a controversy, but the fans do. What? I haven't really read or heard much about any controversy, except from the media (Friedman). Friedman also feels Keller should win the Calder based on the bad team he plays for. Wasn't VAN suppose to be bad too? Maybe they're not this year, because of Boesy.

Geez, Boesy is amazing, what a shot. Murray's comments are embarrassing for that team. Hilarious? I'm sure the coach loves hearing that. He's got a world class shot, when he let that howitzer go to score his second goal, I was shocked. Did I just see that? Even the PIT fans were gasping afterwards. Who the hell is this kid? I love it.

Everyone seemed to play a good game, except Guddy had some issues (giveaways, bad penalty, then injured). Gaunce had a really good game. I've bashed him a little about not producing, but he makes some nice defensive plays and even gets in on the offense. He had a lot of chances, which surprises me why he passed with the EN. Some say he was unselfish, and maybe that's partly true, but I think he's just snake bit and probably lost some confidence. He should've take a shot anyway. He needs that first goal.

Eriksson got a lucky one but they all count. Sutter has been great defensively and on the PK. Good to see Pouliot stick it to his old team. I thought Virtanen played a really good game too, making smarter plays. Nilsson has been great this year.

So, what total will be more by the end of the season - Boesy's goals or Canucks wins?

17 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

Those rumours can't be true. Even myself as one of his biggest doubters, can't remotely find a single reason to justify him not being re-signed at this point. 

@oldnews uncle (JB) will likely get an extension at top dollar.  

edit: i say uncle because they must be related considering how many posts he's made defending Jimbo :P

Praise the man that drafted us the Ayatolla of Brock n Rolla

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

I didn't catch any of the game last night and didn't bother watching it recorded... had some night time drama that occupied life :(

Did Loui look good aside from the goal? I wana know if I have the means to continue bragging about him playing awesome every game since being back from injury. 

Also I listed on the radio for the last period... man I absolutely love Corey Hirsch... what is it about former Canucks goalies that makes them amazing colour guys? He's way better than who 1040 was using last year. I still listen to 1040 programming, but the game coverage on 650 is great and largely because of Corey Hirsch. 

Or maybe we're just winning, kicking ass, taking names, and anyone would sound good? :P

Even the other guy is growing on me... I forget his name... the main commentator. 

I agree corey hirsch has fit in very nicely as a color commentator. He seems like a natural.

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

I agree corey hirsch has fit in very nicely as a color commentator. He seems like a natural.

First I read Natural as "neutral" 

I was gonna say he's anything but, which is exactly what our colour guy should be. Similar to Garrett, he's incredibly passionate about this team. Love having announcers that are actually Canucks fans. 

I loved that moment he said "I'm really proud of this team" .... I was driving up and totally teared up myself... I feel the same 

I image.jpeg.d04f8a7efec6a57640e2ebc09aa58f98.jpeg 2017/18 Canucks 

Me when I think of Brock image.jpeg.63cd525776173487c874589827842cd3.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

believe 1040 - not sure - something about how ownership had hoped that  JB contract being up this year was going un noticed by media =- yada yada

Ownership prob got thr eyes set on Ken Holland. Doesnt seem like Detroit will be resigning him. Perfect situation would be Jim Benning steps down and accepts position as head scout and Ken Holland is named our GM.

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Ownership prob got thr eyes set on Ken Holland. Doesnt seem like Detroit will be resigning him. Perfect situation would be Jim Benning steps down and accepts position as head scout and Ken Holland is named our GM.

Hmmm ... I'd say no to Holland and that Jimbo has done a good job... But Ken Holland is a member of the old boys club... I think we would benefit having an old boys club member. Definitely would help with our draft lottery and suspensions. 

Regardless, I think Jimbo should stay. This team is going to the final this year. CUP OR BUST! 

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Gaunce had a really good game. I've bashed him a little about not producing, but he makes some nice defensive plays and even gets in on the offense.

If he scores 15 points all year while playing 18 minutes and the Canucks make the playoffs, I'd have zero issues whatsoever with his contribution to the team. Every player produces in different ways, after all.

We have guys who can score, clearly. So if Gaunce is out there grinding the **** out of whoever the opposing team's top offense is, letting our scorers do what they do best (as was what happened last night), he's a very successful player for us. If he's out there for 18 minutes and we're winning the game 5-2, then he's doing what he needs to do.

If he managed to drag himself into that .20-.25 points per game category while retaining great defensive play, I'd be absolutely thrilled. Guys like Draper and Maltby lived in that 'zone' for most of their careers and I'd say that turned out fairly well.

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Interesting comments by Elliott Friedman before the game, talking about the Canucks goaltending. He said the team doesn't feel there is a controversy, but the fans do. What? I haven't really read or heard much about any controversy, except from the media (Friedman). Friedman also feels Keller should win the Calder based on the bad team he plays for. Wasn't VAN suppose to be bad too? Maybe they're not this year, because of Boesy.

Geez, Boesy is amazing, what a shot. Murray's comments are embarrassing for that team. Hilarious? I'm sure the coach loves hearing that. He's got a world class shot, when he let that howitzer go to score his second goal, I was shocked. Did I just see that? Even the PIT fans were gasping afterwards. Who the hell is this kid? I love it.

Everyone seemed to play a good game, except Guddy had some issues (giveaways, bad penalty, then injured). Gaunce had a really good game. I've bashed him a little about not producing, but he makes some nice defensive plays and even gets in on the offense. He had a lot of chances, which surprises me why he passed with the EN. Some say he was unselfish, and maybe that's partly true, but I think he's just snake bit and probably lost some confidence. He should've take a shot anyway. He needs that first goal.

Eriksson got a lucky one but they all count. Sutter has been great defensively and on the PK. Good to see Pouliot stick it to his old team. I thought Virtanen played a really good game too, making smarter plays. Nilsson has been great this year.

So, what total will be more by the end of the season - Boesy's goals or Canucks wins?

Friedman is a tool, with a fanny pack sized front lip pouch.  Ignore what he says.

43 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

You've been reading media created fabrication and conjecture.

There's no actual information out there on JB or the team's intentions other than the President and owner being pleased with the job Benning has done so far.

Stop taking the bait.

53 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

yeah, I hear they might lean towards replacing Benning with a gaggle from Canucks'army' after all the success of the Florida Panthers 'if it aint broke, fix it anyway' model.

Archived