The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Any GIF makers, list of GIF links guys out there?  Would love a GIF of the angle of Brocks goal that starts at 51 seconds. 

He looks a little off balance on other angles. That angle at 51 seconds shows the power and strength with which he fought off the check, how he found the power to rifle the shot.

26 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

I did say  "rumour" and wasn't trying to portray it as gospeL...

My comment was more a shot across the TSN bow for their constant rumour and fear mongering.

CDC (and you) would be far better off to give their rumours and obvious click-baiting the appropriate credence. Which is to say, very little.

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Certainly as an offensive wonder boy, but Brock's overall game is far better.  I think he is also going to be a fantastic leader and eventual mentor for the young Canucks.

BB is pretty invisible outside of the offensive zone.  Of course, he's a rookie and the rest of his game will come around, I'm sure, but I would not say he has an impact anywhere other than the offensive zone right now.

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

BB is pretty invisible outside of the offensive zone.  Of course, he's a rookie and the rest of his game will come around, I'm sure, but I would not say he has an impact anywhere other than the offensive zone right now.

Invisible in the defensive zone isnt always a bad thing. What's really bad is when you see the player run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Tanev has made a solid career out of being invisible in the defensive zone. Obviously Tanev is much better defensively, but i think you get what im trying to say. 

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

I strongly disagree. 

In fact the thing that impressed me the most about his game is his two way play. 

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Unfortunately, he didn't look alright.

Kept playing, but was noticeably off - I was wondering at the time (not realizing) if he was simply having his worst game this year, but obviously, he was playing when he probably should have been in the dressing room.

MacIntyre tweeted that he looked in pain on the bench while talking to the trainer after he fell on his wrist.  He left the game after that shift at the end of the 2nd and never came back. 

Gotta say this about the Sedins and Virtanen with regards to their ice time: they are playing a very disciplined team game.  They are keeping their shifts short, and changing off to keep the match ups going.   It just shows how much of team players all three are because you can tell there are times they want to stay on the ice. 

Matt Murray on the 1st game where Boeser scored 3 times.

“Weird bounces. Really weird bounces, to be honest. That first one, I think he gets pretty lucky. There’s a ton of skates and sticks on the far side and somehow it gets by. Second one goes off the guy’s foot, he boots it and it goes right to their guy backdoor. Third one goes off our D-man in front, same as before. So, just a lot of tough bounces.”

Matt Murray on the Canucks goals being lucky bounces.....

“The goals were just weird bounces....Pretty much all the goals they got were kind of hilarious...You’ve gotta look at some of those goals and just laugh.”

What a sore loser.

7 hours ago, mll said:

5th in power play goals scored with 17.  Nashville/Tampa lead with 22.  

Canucks are 4th in the league at drawing penalties so it drops their efficiency when they don't convert.  

The issue is the short-handed goals.  Their powerplay has a differential of 12 because they allowed 5 short handed goals.  That was before the revamped units though.  The Sedins' unit gave up 4 and the 2nd unit 1 but it was on an empty net (Sharks game lost 5-0).

Thanks for that. Got a theory where the league calls things reasonably(for a while), then turns the tap off, around Feb...

18 hours ago, riffraff said:

Actually I believe the town of brocket does in fact exist.

Ok, I thought it was made up when I first read it. There is a Brocket, Alberta. But that is not important. There's also a Brocket Lake in Ontario. There's also quite a few Springfields in the US, which doesn't mean they all are full of cartoon idiots.

My point still stands. You can't associate the name of a town, real or not, used as a backdrop to a fictional radio play, as somehow a racist word. It makes no sense. Just this last month, Vancouver officially apologized to the Chinese community for racist treatment from the past.  Does this mean that the word "Vancouver" is now a racist word? 

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Ok, I thought it was made up when I first read it. There is a Brocket, Alberta. But that is not important. There's also a Brocket Lake in Ontario. There's also quite a few Springfields in the US, which doesn't mean they all are full of cartoon idiots.

My point still stands. You can't associate the name of a town, real or not, used as a backdrop to a fictional radio play, as somehow a racist word. It makes no sense. Just this last month, Vancouver officially apologized to the Chinese community for racist treatment from the past.  Does this mean that the word "Vancouver" is now a racist word? 

Oh man you're preaching to the choir.  The whole world has in fact gone crazy.  I was just maintaining accuracy in geography.

Archived