The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, CanucksCulprit said:

contrary to what i remember reading in this thread, pouliot didnt set up hutton with a  suicide pass.  around 6:30, hutton has more than enough time to get his head up.  He was basically staring at his feet form the time he got the puck.  Not Pouliot's fault

Pouliot made the right play. Carl Hagelin was coming in fast on the forecheck and Pouliot had no option but to pass it to this defence partner. I know it's a fast sport, but Hutton should have waited instead of trying to rush up the ice. He didn't have his head up either which made things more difficult.

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Pouliot made the right play. Carl Hagelin was coming in fast on the forecheck and Pouliot had no option but to pass it to this defence partner. I know it's a fast sport, but Hutton should have waited instead of trying to rush up the ice. He didn't have his head up either which made things more difficult.

Hutton was screened from the hit by the ref.

12 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

It came from this Reddit thread: 

The thread itself is worth a read, pretty hilarious stuff going on in there.

Thanks for that....saw some golden stuff:

Just Laugh the new Oscar bait drama from hot new director Travis Green starring Hollywood North's golden boy Brock "Lucky" Boeser and Matt "just gotta laugh" Murray is coming to an arena near you this Friday. Here's what critics have to say about Just Laugh

"A real powerful performance by Murray, you can see the raw emotion in his eyes."

"Boeser is reminiscent of another beautiful great, Heath Ledger both in his flawless charisma and his dirty dangles."

3 hours ago, stawns said:

BB is pretty invisible outside of the offensive zone.  Of course, he's a rookie and the rest of his game will come around, I'm sure, but I would not say he has an impact anywhere other than the offensive zone right now.

I think defensive play is usually what is the hardest to win me over, and with Brock Im actually pleasantly surprised.  I havnt seen him lost too many pucks along the boards and when he does get it, he's able to skate//make a good pass out of the D zone.  With Green being being the 2 way guy that he was as a player I highly doubt he lets Brock off the hook, and he does seem committed to being a good all around player.

Cant remember the exact sequence of events but I recall before one of Brock's goals he coughed up the puck, but luckily the Canucks got it back and he eventually scored.  Might have been one of the reasons his goal celebration was so subdued lol

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Invisible in the defensive zone isnt always a bad thing. What's really bad is when you see the player run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Tanev has made a solid career out of being invisible in the defensive zone. Obviously Tanev is much better defensively, but i think you get what im trying to say. 

Didn't say he was bad, in any way.  I was comparing his game to Kessel, in that you don't notice him, much at all, until he gets the puck in a scoring position........then he's unbelievable.  

18 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm still thinking about our defence pairings when everyone is healthy. Pouliot isn't going out with his strong play, which means it will be either Del Zotto, Hutton or Gudbranson. I think we should keep Hutton in and see how he does with Tanev.

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Tanev

Pouliot - Gudbranson

Del Zotto

I'd have to suggest Del Zotto has played better than Hutton. Hutton would sit in simple terms. 

But in the meantime, if Gudbranson is out? Stecher or Tanev is hopefully ready to go...

Otherwise Holm gets his debut! friday? 

And meanwhile in a perfect world if everybody was healthy. And going to remain HEALTHY? Which wont happen. So we probably wont make a trade. But in that perfect world we would trade Edler, IMO...

19 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

That's funny. The made up stats geeks who live in their parents basement would try and talk circles around that to try and justify themselves but the bottom line is that these guys just don't know hockey.

-and carrying on about o-zone starts and corsi...lol

9 hours ago, Bo fan said:

believe 1040 - not sure - something about how ownership had hoped that  JB contract being up this year was going un noticed by media =- yada yada

Yeah, right there.  Nothing but stirring the pot, with ZERO basis or substance.  They are absolutely notorious for this, but unfortunately so many people snap at their bait and run with it.  There is a massive difference between substance-based rumours and pure made-up trolling.

8 hours ago, oldnews said:

yeah, I hear they might lean towards replacing Benning with a gaggle from Canucks'army' after all the success of the Florida Panthers 'if it aint broke, fix it anyway' model.

New Canucks management team for 2018-19:

zL9ZqEK8.jpgtravis-yost.jpg

Archived