The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Stats don’t lie and frankly if you listen closely you can hear the stats laughing

Matt Murray aka “sieve” has the 38th ranked save percentage in the league this year at .907 

pathetic laughable goalie 

it's a strange world where .907 is considered bad

Slightly off topic, but imagine a scenario where everything were to go absolutely perfectly. Nilsson solidifies himself as a legit No 1 goalie, Boeser continues his insane pace, Gaudette comes as advertised, and we just miss the playoffs and fluke out a lottery win.

Then, in the offseason, the twins retire, we draft Dahlin, who will most likely be a top level Dman right off the bat, and we somehow signed Tavares. 

Then, in training camp, Pettersson comes as advertised and makes the squad, and Juolevi cracks the roster as well. We make a few moves to clear some space, and...

Pettersson- Tavares- Boeser

Baertschi- Horvat- Eriksson

Gagne- Gaudette- Virtanen

Granlund- Sutter- Dorsett

(No clue what the Dman sides are, so forgive my ignorance) 

Tanev- Dahlin

Juolevi- Del Zotto

Stetcher- Puliot

Nilsson

Demko/Markstrom

Just thinking out loud I suppose :lol:

• -SN- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Slightly off topic, but imagine a scenario where everything were to go absolutely perfectly. Nilsson solidifies himself as a legit No 1 goalie, Boeser continues his insane pace, Gaudette comes as advertised, and we just miss the playoffs and fluke out a lottery win.

Then, in the offseason, the twins retire, we draft Dahlin, who will most likely be a top level Dman right off the bat, and we somehow signed Tavares. 

Then, in training camp, Pettersson comes as advertised and makes the squad, and Juolevi cracks the roster as well. We make a few moves to clear some space, and...

Tanev- Dahlin

Juolevi- Del Zotto

Stetcher- Puliot

Nilsson

Demko/Markstrom

Love it!

what did you do with Edler (and his broken sticks)?

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Tanev- Dahlin

Juolevi- Del Zotto

Stetcher- Puliot

Nilsson

Demko/Markstrom

You're talking about the Canucks right?  From Vancouver?  It's like our 47 years of bad luck matured and finally starting paying dividends in good luck.  :P

6 hours ago, CanucksCulprit said:

contrary to what i remember reading in this thread, pouliot didnt set up hutton with a  suicide pass.  around 6:30, hutton has more than enough time to get his head up.  He was basically staring at his feet form the time he got the puck.  Not Pouliot's fault

You're right, I was the one that thought it was a suicide pass.  I still think it was too slow a pass which didn't help Hutton, and the ref was somewhat in the way, but Hutton did have more time than I thought when I watched the play live.   I still think Hutton had a pretty decent game overall.  

Archived