-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

On 11/22/2017 at 7:09 PM, Stierlitz said:

What a difference a coach makes.

• Upvote 4

On 11/22/2017 at 7:25 PM, Isam said:

It isnt. The people are just refering to an offensive comedy group. People also forget that brocket can be used to refer to an english noble or the town in britain.

It's funny because the people who brought up the fact that someone was offended were offended that someone was offended and just had to share how offended they were that someone was offended. Methinks a mirror is needed to find the true snowflakes in this situation. If you don't agree then ignore it or move on, otherwise you're just as bad if not worse at being the "snowflake".

Edited by Mattrek

Not sure if this has been pointed out before as I'm still catching up, but Eriksson has 2 goals in 2 games and is looking like he has his confidence starting to come back. He's aggressive on the forecheck and is trying to make some neat plays. I don't like the contract, but if he starts putting it all together and playing well it's only good for us. Also our powerplay has come alive as we've gone 4 for 6 in the last 2 games taking us to 15th in the league for our PP %

Edited by Mattrek
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Matt Murray on the 1st game where Boeser scored 3 times.

“Weird bounces. Really weird bounces, to be honest. That first one, I think he gets pretty lucky. There’s a ton of skates and sticks on the far side and somehow it gets by. Second one goes off the guy’s foot, he boots it and it goes right to their guy backdoor. Third one goes off our D-man in front, same as before. So, just a lot of tough bounces.”

Matt Murray on the Canucks goals being lucky bounces.....

“The goals were just weird bounces....Pretty much all the goals they got were kind of hilarious...You’ve gotta look at some of those goals and just laugh.”

What a sore loser.

2 were funny bounces, but 2 were godly shots where he was helpless. 

20 hours ago, alfstonker said:

It is blazingly obvious to me who should sit out when Tanev comes back - Pouliot, was and is the weak link in the D at present, despite putting up a goal against the Pens. Imo he makes too many errors, plays team mates into trouble, is soft and generally lacks defensive awareness.

you must be high hes been great for us his advanced metrics are great. its not happening 

2 hours ago, Mattrek said:

Yes. If it were Willie, he would have played Sedin-Sedin-Granlund 19 minutes a night followed by Eriksson-Gagner-Vanek 17 minutes, Gaunce-Sutter-Dorsett 14 minutes and Baer-Bo-Boeser 10 minutes, which would have equalled to at least 15 losses in 20 games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Trolls will troll. I have a particularly annoying one following me around right now xD

That made 2 of us for the day :lol:

• Hydration 1

39 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

you must be high hes been great for us his advanced metrics are great. its not happening 

Funny how after two of our best back to back wins on the road for a while we don't hear anyone picking on Edler and Loui any more. We don't see many of the people who constantly complain about them giving them their due either.

As for advanced metrics, I store them at the back of the cupboard, just behind the rolls of toilet paper.

3 hours ago, Mattrek said:

Is Green playing WD's 2016-17 roster? 

By the way, sorry to bust your bubble but Willie had 8 road wins in his first season by November 19th. 2014. He was also sitting with 14 wins by November 23rd. Green has 11. Of course that was when Willie had a roster worth a damn.

I love what Green is doing with this roster, wtf can't people just accept these good times without making embarrassing, ill thought out and crass comparisons.

Edited by alfstonker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Matt Murray on the 1st game where Boeser scored 3 times.

“Weird bounces. Really weird bounces, to be honest. That first one, I think he gets pretty lucky. There’s a ton of skates and sticks on the far side and somehow it gets by. Second one goes off the guy’s foot, he boots it and it goes right to their guy backdoor. Third one goes off our D-man in front, same as before. So, just a lot of tough bounces.”

Matt Murray on the Canucks goals being lucky bounces.....

“The goals were just weird bounces....Pretty much all the goals they got were kind of hilarious...You’ve gotta look at some of those goals and just laugh.”

What a sore loser.

Is it normal for a goalie to not see the details of a play - would another goalie also not see it or is that just Murray.  

The 2nd goal at home - Sportsnet detailed the play and showed how it was going off mark with Baer then stretching his foot to catch it and send it to his stick before passing it to Boeser.  It wasn't a lucky bounce but a skilled play.  It was very quick (and the play-by-play missed it - it's the panel that showed it in intermission) but I would have thought that the goalie would see that and it sounds like he didn't.  Is that normal.  

4 hours ago, Mattrek said:

It's funny because the people who brought up the fact that someone was offended were offended that someone was offended and just had to share how offended they were that someone was offended. Methinks a mirror is needed to find the true snowflakes in this situation. If you don't agree then ignore it or move on, otherwise you're just as bad if not worse at being the "snowflake".

I did actually  and went on with my business dicussing the team. You're the one that brought this up two days after it was resolved.

Edited by Isam

4 hours ago, Mattrek said:

We both got more important things to discuss like pettersson or  how high the canucks finish this year.

• Hydration 1

4 hours ago, mll said:

Is it normal for a goalie to not see the details of a play - would another goalie also not see it or is that just Murray.  

The 2nd goal at home - Sportsnet detailed the play and showed how it was going off mark with Baer then stretching his foot to catch it and send it to his stick before passing it to Boeser.  It wasn't a lucky bounce but a skilled play.  It was very quick (and the play-by-play missed it - it's the panel that showed it in intermission) but I would have thought that the goalie would see that and it sounds like he didn't.  Is that normal.  

According to Matt Murray, every goal scored in hockey is lucky. Actually, he may be right. For example, a player gets a shot on net and it deflects off of the goalie and lands  conveniently for the net front presence to bang home the rebound. Case in point, Horvat's PP goal against LA where Boeser took the shot, it deflected off of Quick right in front of the net for Horvat to bang it in. Hilariously lucky that Boeser took such a hard shot that Quick could do nothing but deflect it and what a lucky bounce for the puck to land right in front of the net where Horvat beat out the opposing defence to gain the position in front of the net. Nothing but luck on that goal too!

It's also hilarious how the Pens won back to back Stanley cups. Like you look at all of the goals scored by the Pens, you just can't help but laugh. They were all so lucky. It's hilarious.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Funny how after two of our best back to back wins on the road for a while we don't hear anyone picking on Edler and Loui any more. We don't see many of the people who constantly complain about them giving them their due either.

As for advanced metrics, I store them at the back of the cupboard, just behind the rolls of toilet paper.

i never said i didnt like edlers play hes solid louies contract is horrible but hes playing great  soo its not as bad as cdc says  i said at beginning of yr teams would be suprised by our play and we are doing better than all the media thought 

• Upvote 1

On 23/11/2017 at 4:15 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Guy sounds super butthurt

Used to like Matt Murray, but he totally has lost my respect.  Guy can't take the pressure knowing it was his fault.

Actually quite amazed Murray was there to give interviews after the game... thought he'd still be looking for the puck in the net from Brocks laser...

Edited by spook007