The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Murray appearing for all the world to be the product of inbreeding. Was he by any chance one of the dudes on Deliverance that porked Ned Beatty?

Ayuppp that Brock Boeser he was some lucky.

Why is it okay to take jabs at inbred hill-folk? You're gonna have Flame and Oilers fans up in arms!!

Great effort tonight playing the 2nd of back to back games. The Brock Bomber is showing everyone that his success is no fluke and Nilsson has just been lights out more often than not. Can't say enough about the play of Sutter, Vanek, Eriksson and Gaunce as they try to get off the CDC whipping boys list.

I do think Green and staff need to get over the euphoria of these 2 games though and take a real critical view of what the Canucks are doing well and what still needs improvement. I hope his list includes:

1. It is imperative that they get better effort from their wingers getting pucks out of their own zone. Too often d-men are ringing the puck around the boards to no one or the winger is unable to chip the puck out. Gaunce is by far the best at getting the puck out.

2. Gap control between the forwards and d-men has to be better.

3. We give up our own blue line way too easily. Have to make it more difficult for opposition to gain entry. Better gap control should help with this.

4. Have to be better on the PK. I don't like having just one forward out top covering the point while the other forward just takes away the high slot.

Really like the dogged determination of the whole team though.....there is no quit in this team.

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

His summer shopping-spree has been amazing bang-for-$

Vanek is quietly having a good season. 15 points in 22 games for a player making 2 mill on a one year contract with no trade restrictions. Hell, even Gagne is coming on a little bit. Del Zotto is eating minutes like a boss.

Oh, and let's not forget the Puliot trade.

7 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I must say, things are still early and I assume we will level off but you know who I am most happy for right now...

jim &^@#ing benning

dude has been mocked in the media and on here for 3 years now. Not by all but lots.......

good for him....

I'll do the obligatory: "Why isn't anyone taking Kole Lind?"

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Vanek is quietly having a good season. 15 points in 22 games for a player making 2 mill on a one year contract with no trade restrictions. Hell, even Gagne is coming on a little bit. Del Zotto is eating minutes like a boss.

Oh, and let's not forget the Puliot trade.

Yeah. Gmjb done good so far

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That is probably what they were talking about after the goal. :lol:

DPR9HfKU8AA9TOM.jpg

30 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

"Dude, see?  I kept tellin' ya."
"Yes, yes you are right.  But, Hank..."

BB: "Bet Hank wishes he was blonde, no?"

Eddie: (Hearty chuckle)

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So in the next year or two we swap out the twins and Vanek for Pettersson, Gaudette and Goldobin/Lind. Demko makes the main squad and performs to expectations, and we're able to nab a legit PP QB out of this next draft to slot in on our blueline.

Where does that leave us?

Younger. As for the canucks place in the standings, if I knew, I would be in vegas placing a bet.

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Guy sounds super butthurt

Used to like Matt Murray, but he totally has lost my respect.  Guy can't take the pressure knowing it was his fault.

What a loser. At least lose graciously and admit that you're sucking right now. This is what happens when a young kid with the bone structure of a Muppet wins two Stanley Cups backstopping elite (or formerly elite) talent. 

Archived