The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Eddie Lack

Mackcanuck

59 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Your respect for elite athletes is noted.   I trust you excel at all things in your life thus entitling you to be able to call some of the best hockey players in the world, people like Eddie Lack, a "joke".    I assume your level of athletic achievement includes many years as a professional in order for you to have this dismissive attitude.

Yup, very hilarious.   

Thanks for the personal attack. I hope you get showered with reps from all of your friends. 

1 minute ago, Snidely Whiplash said:

Thanks for the personal attack. I hope you get showered with reps from all of your friends. 

It is a personal attack to call you out for calling Eddie Lack a joke?   I think you need a new dictionary or perhaps are unfamiliar with the term "irony".    

Nothing personal here at all from me, simply standing up for a professional hockey player someone has taken a cheap shot at from their basement.   If you feel this is personal, perhaps you are realizing your own sense of guilt over your attack on Eddie Lack.    One can hope you have that level of decency.   

5 minutes ago, Snidely Whiplash said:

You claim people are personally attacking you.  But you have no problem attacking an athlete who you do not personally know.

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

It is a personal attack to call you out for calling Eddie Lack a joke?   I think you need a new dictionary or perhaps are unfamiliar with the term "irony".    

Nothing personal here at all from me, simply standing up for a professional hockey player someone has taken a cheap shot at from their basement.   If you feel this is personal, perhaps you are realizing your own sense of guilt over your attack on Eddie Lack.    One can hope you have that level of decency.   

I have every right to criticize someone who is paid millions to play a game. My money is indirectly funneled into his pocket when I buy tickets and Centre Ice, ect. 

I find it offensive that you assume I’m a fat slob sitting in my basement. You base this judgment only because my opinion is different than yours and it’s unfortunate that you are that judgmental. It was nothing more than a dry humoured sarcastic remark. Why does that deserve me being labeled as a loser in a basement? 

4 minutes ago, Snidely Whiplash said:

I have every right to criticize someone who is paid millions to play a game. My money is indirectly funneled into his pocket when I buy tickets and Centre Ice, ect. 

I find it offensive that you assume I’m a fat slob sitting in my basement. You base this judgment only because my opinion is different than yours and it’s unfortunate that you are that judgmental. It was nothing more than a dry humoured sarcastic remark. Why does that deserve me being labeled as a loser in a basement? 

Just LOL.  Can dish it out but the moment it's time to take some back you cry.

51 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I would like Vancouver to pick him up.   He is a really good goalie with zero confidence and has lacked proper goalie coaching since he left the Vancouver organization.   Just as Markstrom and Thor have shown what Canuck goalie coaching can do (Demko as well), having another solid veteran with Demko to improve the odds of an AHL team that competes just makes sense.    It would take a few maneuvers but if he goes unclaimed, Canucks should consider this IMHO as like Dmen, you cannot have too many good goalies in your system.

Can Utica afford to have 3 goalies on their roster - aren't they already running into 'veteran' issues down there? 

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Can Utica afford to have 3 goalies on their roster - aren't they already running into 'veteran' issues down there? 

Yah, they would have to do some juggling for sure.    I am not sure how the vet quota thing works with goalies - never gave AHL rules a lot of thought in my own life (Europe was a better option lol).

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

While it's a shame that Lack is on waivers, there's really no point for Canucks to pick him up.  That ship has sailed.

13 minutes ago, Snidely Whiplash said:

and people have every right to reply to a comment you made on a message board. 

Kind of a sad mentality to pay money to justify getting all ragey at players though.

9 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Just LOL.  Can dish it out but the moment it's time to take some back you cry.

Dish what out? Have you Really looked at how harmless my original post was? You act like I personally said this to him. Like Jesus Christ you guys. The one nice thing about negative reps is they represent the drops of blood generated from the wound I inflicted. It shows It bothers you. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I would like Vancouver to pick him up.   He is a really good goalie with zero confidence and has lacked proper goalie coaching since he left the Vancouver organization.   Just as Markstrom and Thor have shown what Canuck goalie coaching can do (Demko as well), having another solid veteran with Demko to improve the odds of an AHL team that competes just makes sense.    It would take a few maneuvers but if he goes unclaimed, Canucks should consider this IMHO as like Dmen, you cannot have too many good goalies in your system.

Eddie had a great 2014/15 year with us. His experience in Carolina was pretty awful to say the least, imo he was treated pretty badly by that coach. 

Is there a way for us to get him to Utica though? I thought he had to stay up on the 23 man roster or is it just a matter of offering him to the league first? I'd prefer Eddie down there over Bachman for next year. 

3 minutes ago, Snidely Whiplash said:

Dish what out? Have you Really looked at how harmless my original post was? You act like I personally said this to him. Like Jesus Christ you guys. The one nice thing about negative reps is they represent the drops of blood generated from the wound I inflicted. It shows It bothers you. 

there's more to life 

Archived