The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Eddie Lack

Mackcanuck

2 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

I'm glad that Benning stuck with Markstrom and Traded Lack, Certainly looks like the right decision now! B)

Hard to say.  I personally believe that Lack would have thrived had he stayed in Vancouver.  If it was Markstrome who was traded to Carolna, it may be him who is on waivers now.

I get the feeling that lack was never really given a fair shake in the nhl. He wasn't going to make this team when he was here because this team had their own problems in goal and his time on a ****ty hurricanes team didn't help his development either. He made the best of bad situations but if I were lack would just look to playing in Europe at this point

It's too bad though because he seems like such a nice guy with the right attitude for the league but sometimes it's not meant to be

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I say..  Vegas.

was thinking the same.

hilarious that some people here make significance of his numbers this year - in 137 minutes / 2 starts = a tiny sample.

every starter in the league has numerous stretches like that through a season - and that's not coming in every few weeks as a backup to a workhorse, and cold as hell.

Gillies is a pretty good young goaltender - Calgary appears to be ready to give him a chance - which was pretty inevitable.

2 hours ago, Snidely Whiplash said:

He is a huge joke but not nearly as big of a joke as you wanting us to claim him off waivers. You are hilarious. 

Show some respect to a guy that made it the show.    Any guy that gets to play in the NHL deserves our respect.

Goalies seem to go up and down now due to confidence... I am sure Eddie will regain his form soon.

No need to disrespect a guy that has made it all the way to SHOW .  

I feel bad because he was a genuinely nice guy and team player.

We clearly don’t have room for him on our team, not even in Utica.

I hope he finds a landing spot or finds his game in Europe.

There are many reminders why Rollie Melanson is probably the best goalie coach out there.  He really kept these guys playing well and their games sharp.

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I would like Vancouver to pick him up.   He is a really good goalie with zero confidence and has lacked proper goalie coaching since he left the Vancouver organization.   Just as Markstrom and Thor have shown what Canuck goalie coaching can do (Demko as well), having another solid veteran with Demko to improve the odds of an AHL team that competes just makes sense.    It would take a few maneuvers but if he goes unclaimed, Canucks should consider this IMHO as like Dmen, you cannot have too many good goalies in your system.

I agree, Trade one of Marky and Nilsson since there value should be quite high right now, trade for lack in the hope he can turn it around in the one place he's had success. 

Marky

for 

Juuso Valimaki + 2nd + Lack + Glass(help with cap hit)

Smith won't be able to keep up his play for the entire year, especially if he can't split the load with someone

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

I get the feeling that lack was never really given a fair shake in the nhl. He wasn't going to make this team when he was here because this team had their own problems in goal and his time on a ****ty hurricanes team didn't help his development either. He made the best of bad situations but if I were lack would just look to playing in Europe at this point

It's too bad though because he seems like such a nice guy with the right attitude for the league but sometimes it's not meant to be

This is only my personal opinion, but Lack's attitude--I.e. Mr. Niceguy--is the wrong kind of attitude for the league. I believe that he lacks--sorry for the unintended pun, but it's the right word to use--the intensity and competitive edge to be a legit NHL goalie, even at the backup level. Yes, he's super nice, but I think that kind of attitude starts to annoy coaches and teammates when everything seems like a joke--it's great for fans.

Markstrom, on the other hand, in my opinion, lacks the elite skill to be a legit NHL #1 starting goalie, but his high competitive edge and intensity in games keeps him in the league and performing at a good backup level.

I wish Lack the best of luck.

3 hours ago, Snidely Whiplash said:

Stop personally attacking my unpopular opinions to generate upvotes 

Stop pretending that your "unpopular opinion" was doing anything to add to the conversation.

Unpopular opinions are great when they allow other people to learn something new or look at things from a different perspective.

Your opinion is unpopular simply because you sound like a douchebag.

Archived