The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Bennett (Discussion)

KKnight

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

They just signed him to a two year deal too.  There is no need to trade him.  Plus, I really don't think we want him.  He's small, and weak.  He's not fast or shifty.  He needs to play a pest type game, but appears too weak to play that way.  Jake is WAY more effective, and has more value.  I'd trade someone like Goldy, but nothing more.

I wouldn't place such little value on Goldobin.  I think he might turn out to be a good player.  They're teaching him to play without the puck and defense yet he is still putting up a point a game in Utica.

Bennett has been poorly developed.  It's a damn shame.  Like JV, he played in the NHL too soon.  Unlike JV, they never sent him down to learn how to play and to earn his way back.  Better to not have come up in the first place imo. 

Now, who would trade for a player who doesn't produce and has a 1.95M salary?  The Canucks no longer have to take flyers on players like this.  Sure, Burmistrov is a flyer but at least he was free and he is on a $900k salary.

17 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You and @Alflives are crazy to give Goldy in that trade. 

A rebuilding team shouldn't be doing the prospect swap game. It's either for picks or vets.

How about we give them Nilsson and a 5th for Bennett and a 3rd.

Nilsson.....they take that in a heartbeat.....just no to Bennett....too much trouble

5 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Nilsson.....they take that in a heartbeat.....just no to Bennett....too much trouble

Didn't know he had a bad rap... What's the story there?

I thought he was just sucking and not developing into the player they hope for. Stuck on the fourth line, not producing, hoped him to be top 6. Sounds vaguely familiar eh

Just now, luckylager said:

Didn't know he had a bad rap... What's the story there?

I thought he was just sucking and not developing into the player they hope for. Stuck on the fourth line, not producing, hoped him to be top 6. Sounds vaguely familiar eh

No story.  I wasn't trying to imply anything.  I just think that here is a guy who has been poorly developed.  Now, any team who took him on would have to undo 3 years of entitlement.  No thanks.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

No story.  I wasn't trying to imply anything.  I just think that here is a guy who has been poorly developed.  Now, any team who took him on would have to undo 3 years of entitlement.  No thanks.

I haven't followed him or Calgary closely, or at all really.... Has he not had to ride the bus? As if Burke brings up entitled puke...? I'm kinda surprised. 

Boeser was in danger of riding the bus after preseason....Brock Boeser! 

27 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I wouldn't place such little value on Goldobin.  I think he might turn out to be a good player.  They're teaching him to play without the puck and defense yet he is still putting up a point a game in Utica.

Bennett has been poorly developed.  It's a damn shame.  Like JV, he played in the NHL too soon.  Unlike JV, they never sent him down to learn how to play and to earn his way back.  Better to not have come up in the first place imo. 

Now, who would trade for a player who doesn't produce and has a 1.95M salary?  The Canucks no longer have to take flyers on players like this.  Sure, Burmistrov is a flyer but at least he was free and he is on a $900k salary.

Ahhh, I shoulda read up the page...

Ignore my last post, crabs

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I haven't followed him or Calgary closely, or at all really.... Has he not had to ride the bus? As if Burke brings up entitled puke...? I'm kinda surprised. 

Boeser was in danger of riding the bus after preseason....Brock Boeser! 

I could be wrong but I don't think he's gone down.  In 15-16 he played 77 games and in 16-17 he played 81.  His performance is getting steadily worse as time goes by.  

Would like to try get Bennett, but I am sure Calgary would probably want Virtanen back. Maybe you could try to move 1 of Dahlen or Goldy for him?

Calgary may choose to move him to a team outside their division, those deals havent turned out too well for them in the past.

Im not suggestion we trade Virtanen/Dahlen/Goldobin for Bennett. I just see them likely asking for that as a return.

Honestly not sure what we have to offer them other than a draft pick and mid range prospect or one of the above 3

Archived