VANEK-GAGNER-ERIKSSON

GRANNY-GAUNCE-SUTTER

EDLER-POULIOT

HUTTON-MDZ

TANEV-BIEGA

MARKY

NILSSON

LAST GAME: 

With luck, perhaps Tanev slots back in. God knows we need him. GO CANUCKS GO!

osCHMtHl.png

13 minutes ago, mll said:

Re lineup - Granlund has been playing C the last 5 games with Vanek on his wing.  Gagner is playing with Sutter.

That has been a quietly effective line.  Vanek is starting to look like a great signing by JB, I had no idea that he was such a good playmaker.  Playing with Granny and LE, they're getting a lot of decent chances, plus they are effective in the defensive end.  Unfortunately, Granny is our worst center on the dot, but you can't have everything.  They're also making the 2nd unit PP pretty effective.  It took a while, but I think Green has stumbled onto the perfect line combos, especially with Granny's line, and with Virtanen showing something with the twins since coming back from the Pressbox.

3 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

That has been a quietly effective line.  Vanek is starting to look like a great signing by JB, I had no idea that he was such a good playmaker.  Playing with Granny and LE, they're getting a lot of decent chances, plus they are effective in the defensive end.  Unfortunately, Granny is our worst center on the dot, but you can't have everything.  They're also making the 2nd unit PP pretty effective.  It took a while, but I think Green has stumbled onto the perfect line combos, especially with Granny's line, and with Virtanen showing something with the twins since coming back from the Pressbox.

Your point about Vanek is well taken. Love the way he is talking to the young guys on the team. He does it all whether scoring off the rush or crashing the net front. Slid pro. Was blown away by a intermission interview after he wired a goal off the rush on the right side. His matter of fact comment that he hits the upper left side of the net with that shot 70% of the time was a great insight for fans. 

• -SN- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • -SN- locked this topic

Archived