The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that make you feel good

Shift-4

Yes.......this counters the things that annoy you thread

I received news within the last hour that made me feel great.

A young lady that I work with just got her Canadian citizenship this morning. 

Another guy I work with got it over the summer.

Makes me feel really good that they have come aboard.

Take that 'rest of the world'  ::D

Other than a big event like that I will say my weekend morning oatmeal is a very happy place for me.

@riffraff  in before 'good feel story'  :P 

Oh this makes me feel great!! Not good, but great!!:)! Super great!

I thought I lost these forever, and found these by accident while doing a deep clean!  I'm moving, and going through everything, seeing what I can donate and what to keep.  It's too bad summer has passed! 

I love these sunglasses, more than the Chanel sunglasses! 

20171126_204602-1.thumb.jpg.0fb8d34786b79e160663dec69c0b076f.jpg

So many things.  

1.   That my kids are happy, healthy and are super awesome, self-sufficient human beings

2.   That my ex and I got through the rough parts to put the kids first and be great friends 

3.   That I've been there for my Dad when he's needed me (Mom and brother too)

4.   Helping animals/being an animal activist (just helped an elephant to be removed from a circus and she's now in a sanctuary)

5.   Having raised the kids on my own, without handouts (it meant we went without a lot, but had pride in everything we did have as we worked hard for it)

6.   Working out (always...secret to pulling myself out of slumps)

7.   Fresh air and spending quality alone time at the river

8.   The sun on my face

9.   Time to spend on reading a good book

10.  Working with kids with challenges like autism and other complex disorders...seeing breakthroughs in the form of smiles  :)

11.  Sports...when I get home from work tired, knowing there's hockey or football on

12.  Yep, new socks...fuzzy ones in the winter are especially important feel good items in my life (I've asked for socks for Christmas this year)

13.  CDC (true story...find this place like a breath of fresh air at times...love people's sense of humour, the meme's and even the outbursts)

Not very much in the winter, I get hit with seasonal depression like a freight train.

I'm usually pretty happy on days like today when the sun pokes out though. Knowing it's going to be a nice, beautiful day instead of a rainy dark disaster always boosts my spirits. As does buying a new vinyl record, or any form of album really.

18 hours ago, BananaMash said:

Not very much in the winter, I get hit with seasonal depression like a freight train.

I'm usually pretty happy on days like today when the sun pokes out though. Knowing it's going to be a nice, beautiful day instead of a rainy dark disaster always boosts my spirits. As does buying a new vinyl record, or any form of album really.

Image result for sun over mountains

:) 

Archived