The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen needs to start watching Gaunce's game

*Buzzsaw*

Maybe Jake has a few more points and a couple goals, but right now Gaunce is a more valuable player for the Canucks.

He hits people every shift, he is right on the mark defensively and he works hard to do his job.

I believe in Virtanen's potential and have seen him show what he is capable of, but most of the time he is not focused on what he should be doing.

I also believe he is in the wrong position... he doesn't have the creativity to play with the Sedins... he has trouble anticipating what they will be doing... and after 20 games he should have that down.

Realistically if Virtanen is to succeed he has to start by developing good 4th line habits... hard forechecking, lots of hits, lots of energy, and a willingness to mix it up when the team needs toughness.  Right now, the only thing he is giving the team is his speed.

Gaunce has a lot less raw talent than Virtanen, but he is using what he has effectively.

Jake needs a move to the 4th line, as well as a trip to the office and to be provided with a clear outline of what is expected of him.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but time is running out.

5 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Maybe Jake has a few more points and a couple goals, but right now Gaunce is a more valuable player for the Canucks.

He hits people every shift, he is right on the mark defensively and he works hard to do his job.

I believe in Virtanen's potential and have seen him show what he is capable of, but most of the time he is not focused on what he should be doing.

I also believe he is in the wrong position... he doesn't have the creativity to play with the Sedins... he has trouble anticipating what they will be doing... and after 20 games he should have that down.

Realistically if Virtanen is to succeed he has to start by developing good 4th line habits... hard forechecking, lots of hits, lots of energy, and a willingness to mix it up when the team needs toughness.  Right now, the only thing he is giving the team is his speed.

Gaunce has a lot less raw talent than Virtanen, but he is using what he has effectively.

Jake needs a move to the 4th line, as well as a trip to the office and to be provided with a clear outline of what is expected of him.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but time is running out.

So you're saying you're not "giving up on him", in the same paragraph you're saying that he needs to start settling into a 4th line position?

Seems kind of contradictory to me.

Also, "time is running out"? 

He's 21 years old! :lol:

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So you're saying you're not "giving up on him", in the same paragraph you're saying that he needs to start settling into a 4th line position?

Seems kind of contradictory to me.

Also, "time is running out"? 

He's 21 years old! :lol:

well you know somethin mean gene!

oh its a buzzsaw thread?

carry on

Archived