The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCKS vs SEATTLE

Boudrias

23 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Wouldn't that put the Pacific division at like 9 teams if they go the expansion route to Seattle? I'd rather see them move the Coyotes to Seattle. Keep the division at 8 teams. Expansion team in Houston or something.

Flames will move there.

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I highly doubt it, but that’d be interesting. Arizona just needs to move though. Hockey isn’t gonna happen there. 

I doubt it too but I think Bettman doesn't want to admit a failure and the standoff in Calgary could get interesting if they don't get playoff revenue this year and the city stands firm on the development hard line.   Unfortunately, the 'Canes are also a potential casualty.    If Seattle was given Las Vegas head start, I guess an organic franchise could work and they could move the Oilers to the Eastern Conference and then the Toronto media could have their brains implode trying to figure out how to cover by McD and Matthews at the same time.

Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports 48m48 minutes ago
Just talked with former Orca Bay boss Stan McCammon about the NHL going to Seattle, McCammon still lives in Seattle and says the NHL will work "why would it not work in Seattle."

Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports 49m49 minutes ago
McCammon : "Seattle has the population and the wealth, it is a more natural marketplace than some of the markets in the NHL today."

Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports 49m49 minutes ago

McCammon says Vancouver is a top 5-7 market in the NHL : "this is a screaming deal for Aquilini, with Seattle what is his team work now, a billion dollars."

Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports 50m50 minutes ago

McCammon admits potential buyers in Seattle have contacted him for info "it will work in Seattle."

McCammon says when he was with the #Canucks, "we tried to get the territorial rights to Seattle but the NHL said no."

McCammon says Seattle will be great for the #Canucks, travel will be so much easier and tourism in both cities will benefit the most.

Archived