The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There's an outstanding warrant out for a Benning... Jim

*Buzzsaw*

Cops are looking for Jim Benning... charges are multiple counts of theft... absolute steals.

First it was Baertschi, then Granlund... now Pouliot and Goldobin...  And the Cops don't even know about Jonathan Dahlen.  B)

I'm starting to get worried...  None of the rest of the GM's in the NHL are ever gonna let him anywhere near their player pools.  :lol:

No worries Buzz.

They're not theft if he paid for them.

And if you listened to tank or whinge nation, he paid too much.

Ermagerd, Shink was our best prospect.

Ermagerd, why is he trading pickz in a rebuild?

Bennig needzda stop it with these failed castoff projectz!

StockpieL tha pickz.  Whyzee tradin' that 4th?

I've said before Pouliot trade was a result of relationship JB and Rutherford have.

JB gave him Bonino who was a big factor in the last 2 Cups PIT won. Rutherford knew he won that trade hands down. Clendening didn't pan out so this is the make up for trade for that.  Rutherford made up for it back to JB in the form of Pouliot. 

Pouliot was going to be lost either way and Rutherford could have gotten an equal or better return but he knew he owed old Jimbo. 

1 hour ago, GoodCanadianKideh said:

I didn't realize that Pouliot was picked with the draft pick we gave Pittsburgh in the Sutter/Bonino trade.  Benning gettin' his picks back...

He wasn't.

That was a 2nd rounder we gave in 2016 and they gave us 3rd rounder in 2016 

Pouliot was an 8th overall pick from 2012

I think they got Gustavsson with 2nd we gave them , we got Lockwood with 3rd they gave us. 

1 hour ago, GoodCanadianKideh said:

I didn't realize that Pouliot was picked with the draft pick we gave Pittsburgh in the Sutter/Bonino trade.  Benning gettin' his picks back...

Pittsburgh dealt Jordan Staal to Carolina for Sutter and the 8th overall, with which they took Pouliot.

Vancouver dealt Bonino, Clendening and pick 55 (Gustavsson)  to Pittsburgh for Sutter and pick 64 (Lockwood)

Vancouver deal Pedan and 4th 18 to Pittsburgh for Derrick Pouliot.

So they've effectively gotten both pieces Pittsburgh received in the Jordan Staal deal. 

Pitt got Bonino, Clendening, Pedan, a 4th (and 9 spots up from 64 to 55)

Similarly....

Vancouver dealt Kesler, 3rd, for Bonino, 1st/McCann, Sbisa, 3rd/Dorsett.

Bonino and Clendening became Sutter

McCann, 2nd became Gudbranson.

Sbisa buffered Van in the expansion draft - enabled them to retain Gaunce.

Kesler became the principal in both the Sutter and Gudbranson deals.

Funny thing -

Sutter, Gudbranson, Pouliot for Kesler, 2nd, 4th.

Some of us actually debated the possibility of Kesler to Pittsburgh for Sutter, Pouliot and a third piece at the time Kesler was otb.

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I've said before Pouliot trade was a result of relationship JB and Rutherford have.

JB gave him Bonino who was a big factor in the last 2 Cups PIT won. Rutherford knew he won that trade hands down. Clendening didn't pan out so this is the make up for trade for that.  Rutherford made up for it back to JB in the form of Pouliot. 

Pouliot was going to be lost either way and Rutherford could have gotten an equal or better return but he knew he owed old Jimbo. 

Is this how HF boards reconcile Jim making a great move?  Rutherford was feeling sorry for him?

I call shennanegans.  You’re trolling.

8 hours ago, oldnews said:

Pittsburgh dealt Jordan Staal to Carolina for Sutter and the 8th overall, with which they took Pouliot.

Vancouver dealt Bonino, Clendening and pick 55 (Gustavsson)  to Pittsburgh for Sutter and pick 64 (Lockwood)

Vancouver deal Pedan and 4th 18 to Pittsburgh for Derrick Pouliot.

So they've effectively gotten both pieces Pittsburgh received in the Jordan Staal deal. 

Pitt got Bonino, Clendening, Pedan, a 4th (and 9 spots up from 64 to 55)

Similarly....

Vancouver dealt Kesler, 3rd, for Bonino, 1st/McCann, Sbisa, 3rd/Dorsett.

Bonino and Clendening became Sutter

McCann, 2nd became Gudbranson.

Sbisa buffered Van in the expansion draft - enabled them to retain Gaunce.

Kesler became the principal in both the Sutter and Gudbranson deals.

Funny thing -

Sutter, Gudbranson, Pouliot for Kesler, 2nd, 4th.

Some of us actually debated the possibility of Kesler to Pittsburgh for Sutter, Pouliot and a third piece at the time Kesler was otb.

I'm almost certain that someone like Sekeres broke this "trade" on 1040 the year Kesler was on the block at the trade deadline. I think he announced that Kesler had been traded for Pouliot. 

Archived