The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Recognizes Jerusalem As Capital of Israel

DonLever

1 minute ago, inane said:

Sure, I meant Canadians/Americans/etc.

In my opinion, because of two reasons:

• there are people of Jewish and Palestinian descent living in both countries who are (or were) hoping for an eventual end to the horrors of the region
  • what happens there will have ramifications here, as we are all connected.

All for stupid reasons, and again, I don't know why we get involved. 

I agree that religion is a stupid reason for any conflict. I don't see many people getting into armed combat over the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, but Jesus and Mohammed for some reason get peoples shackles up. The United States is Israel's pimp, so that's how they're connected, and we're located right above the US.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

• there are people of Jewish and Palestinian descent living in both countries who are (or were) hoping for an eventual end to the horrors of the region

I agree that religion is a stupid reason for any conflict. I don't see many people getting into armed combat over the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, but Jesus and Mohammed for some reason get peoples shackles up. The United States is Israel's pimp, so that's how they're connected, and we're located right above the US.

I found it ironic that, after the announcement, Christians and Muslims were protesting arm in arm.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Sure, my point was why we care so much. There are people in Canada from all nations but for some reason Israel is always somehow different. 

Just now, Alflives said:

I found it ironic that, after the announcement, Christians and Muslims were protesting arm in arm.

And Christians have defended Muslims right to pray, and vice versa. After a mosque bombing in the US, both synagogues and churches were opened up for worship.

As well, during the horrific flooding, mosque clerics opened up their doors to anyone who needed help.

There are two types of people in the word. Those who care, and those who can't be bothered to.

Sure, my point was why we care so much. There are people in Canada from all nations but for some reason Israel is always somehow different. 

From my limited perspective it would seem to be because the area has been such a contested and bloody warzone for decades.

You do raise a great point though. Various African nations have been embroiled in wars for equally as long periods of time, but don't generate anywhere near the level of interest.

Good job. I love this move. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and there is no way a major nuclear power like Israel is going to give that up. 

I love the jewish people. Hard working, enterprising, world leaders in science technology, literature, arts. They deserve their own country and finally have it (1947). Their country's capital is Jerusalem and should be recognised as such. 

Edit: Added 1947, for Warhippy because it seems he's looking for an argument or pluses. I'm not interested in argument but I'll give him a plus to make him happy. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Good job. I love this move. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and there is no way a major nuclear power like Israel is going to give that up. 

I love the jewish people. Hard working, enterprising, world leaders in science technology, literature, arts. They deserve their own country and finally have it. Their country's capital is Jerusalem and should be recognised as such. 

Image result for wtf gif

Totally forgot they were homeless before this announcement <_<

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Most Middle Eastern don't like Israel anymore than the muslims do. Christians in Arab lands are generally anti Israel. 

For Instance, in the west we call Hezbollah terrorists. But Christians in Lebanon love Hezbollah and are anti Israel. 

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Image result for wtf gif

Totally forgot they were homeless before this announcement <_<

THey were until 1947

Quit being ignorant on purpose...  read the rest of the post, very next line is "THeir country's capital is Jerusalem and should be recognised as such"

There, I gave you a plus

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

So because Israel is a nuclear power, they shouldn't think about sharing the region with Palestine.

I love the jewish people. Hard working, enterprising, world leaders in science technology, literature, arts. They deserve their own country and finally have it (1947). Their country's capital is Jerusalem and should be recognised as such. 

What about the Palestinians? They are doctors, writers, engineers, as well.

Edit: Added 1947, for Warhippy because it seems he's looking for an argument or pluses. I'm not interested in argument but I'll give him a plus to make him happy. 

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So because Israel is a nuclear power, they shouldn't think about sharing the region with Palestine.

What about the Palestinians? They are doctors, writers, engineers, as well.

I didn't say they shouldn't share. And I believe they will share access to muslim holy sites including Al Aqsa.  But I don't believe they will give up Jerusalem because they are a nuclear power and have the backing of a super power (US). There is no way they will give up Jerusalem. If anything they take more territories by the day. 

There are currently 600k settlers in the Palestinian lands. Increasing by the day. I don't think Israel gives up most of those let alone Jerusalem. 

There are doctors engineers etc. There are in Africa as well as other Arab countries. I just love the Jewish people and have a soft spot for them because of everything they've gone thru and still continue to thrive and lead the world in many fields even though there are only a few million of them. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Sweet.  Let's bulldoze the rest of Palestine folks, Trump said it's OK

hard to worry about a 2 state solution when you don't have a land to claim anymore woot!

Let's completely forget the lessons of 1936 through 1945 and keep on keeping on

Trump said it's fine.

now if we can just get him to give us the OK on Iran everything will be osam!

If you cannot tell.  This is sarcasm

it seems the only people ok with this are those who cannot differentiate between anti-semetism and anti israelism or apartheid, those highest up in the Jewish Lobby in Washington, trump and Satan-Yahoo

All this will do will hasten the bulldozing of innocent Palestinians, give Netenyahu the belief he is allowed to continue the apartheid treatment of and annexation of Palestine all while continuing to push the divine belief that some magical sky man chose this group over some other magical sky mans other group.

When the entire world, even frigging Hassidic sects of Judaism are saying wtf you have to step back and question...WTF are you doing

The King of Jordan says hi!

https://www.thoughtco.com/black-september-jordanian-plo-civil-war-2353168

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Most Middle Eastern don't like Israel anymore than the muslims do. Christians in Arab lands are generally anti Israel. 

For Instance, in the west we call Hezbollah terrorists. But Christians in Lebanon love Hezbollah and are anti Israel. 

I'd be anti Israel too if I lived in Lebanon and they bombed the $&!# out of my capital on multiple occasions in retaliation. 

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I didn't say they shouldn't share. And I believe they will share access to muslim holy sites including Al Aqsa.  But I don't believe they will give up Jerusalem because they are a nuclear power and have the backing of a super power (US). There is no way they will give up Jerusalem. If anything they take more territories by the day. 

There are currently 600k settlers in the Palestinian lands. Increasing by the day. I don't think Israel gives up most of those let alone Jerusalem. 

There are doctors engineers etc. There are in Africa as well as other Arab countries. I just love the Jewish people and have a soft spot for them because of everything they've gone thru and still continue to thrive and lead the world in many fields even though there are only a few million of them. 

So because of everything they've gone through and the fact that they have been allowed to arm themselves with nuclear weapons, they have the sole right to Jerusalem. Palestine's claims mean nothing?

Forget about the fact that even though they were marginalized and slaughtered by the Nazis, Israel has done essentially the same thing to the Palestinians, on a smaller, less noticeable scale. Concentration camps have been prevalent in Israel for some time now.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So because of everything they've gone through and the fact that they have been allowed to arm themselves with nuclear weapons, they have the sole right to Jerusalem. Palestine's claims mean nothing?

Forget about the fact that even though they were marginalized and slaughtered by the Nazis, Israel has done essentially the same thing to the Palestinians, on a smaller, less noticeable scale. Concentration camps have been prevalent in Israel for some time now.

I get that. No argument. 

Arabs have vast lands. Perhaps Jordan Syria and Egypt can share with their Arab/muslim brethren. Everyone wins. 

Just now, Sweathog said:

I suppose it doesn't lol. The thing is, is that I believe this will make Trump even more enemies in the international community.

It absolutely will, but this is Donald Trump we're talking about. He doesn't care about the United States, just the folks who voted for him, and agree with his vision of the country and it's place in the world.

Archived