The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Oilers Offer Leon Draisaitl For Max Pacioretty

fivethej

I still believe Bergevin is holding onto $8M cap space in thinking he can land Tavares. Or else he acquires a bunch of dumpster deals at trade deadline like usual.

10 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

So.... both of them are battling to be the worst GM of the Year award?

Bergevin wins it every year.

What's the Canucks equivalent? 

We don't really have a player that produces like Pacioretty (60+ points) that is expendable at 29 years old, Gaudette's probably better than Poehling, and our first is likely to be a better pick.

So something like, Gagner, Gaudette and 2018 first?

What I can't believe is Edmonton still isn't asking for a difference making D-man back. Larsson and Nurse aren't enough on the back end

Wow. If I’m montreal I do it before anyone can talk sense into PC.

Looks like the rebuild is starting over for Edmonton.

patches 29 years old that alone is enough to say no deal for

Leon 22 years old.

You’d think a guy would learn cough Seguin.

so a team filled with young  potential and offensive talent gutted.

Out eberlA hall yakapov and now maybe draisaitle. And talk of RNH getting shipped out to.lol.

If you can’t build a winner from 1/2 dozen 1st overalls you’ve got big problems.

if there’s any truth to this and I don’t think there is  Edmonton fans should lynch him. 

I absolutely do not believe a shred of this. Chia pet is crazy, but that is grounds for immediately losing your job for even suggesting it. Lol. I know people want to put all of Draisaitl's success on McDavid but he is a great player worth far more than Patches, a player drafted late in the 1st, and potentially another late 1st. The whole point of Edmonton getting stronger on the wings is to separate McDavid and Draisaitl to their own lines. 

1 hour ago, fivethej said:

I'd seriously consider it if i'm Habs. Pacioretty shows up when he wants during the season but totally disappears every playoffs. He's so stale. Every loss he says the same old thing over and over and over. He's no leader. His contact comes up soon and will be looking for a raise. 

Habs have $8M cap space to take on difference of Draisaitl contract.

http://enprolongation.com/les-oilers-font-une-offre-de-transaction-au-canadien/

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://enprolongation.com/les-oilers-font-une-offre-de-transaction-au-canadien/&usg=ALkJrhjUEwwggMF4sA7lZWHfeQb79KagFA

I call B...S...; FAKE RUMOR

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Zero chance Oilers trade Draisatl.  The guy proved he’s the real deal, especially during the playoffs, where he was (arguably) better than McDavid.  I hate the Oilers, and would love they did something this stupid.  :lol:

considering they got the radio station wrong and PC's title, I'd be guessing that this is a rumour even Eklund wouldn't print.

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

What's the Canucks equivalent? 

We don't really have a player that produces like Pacioretty (60+ points) that is expendable at 29 years old, Gaudette's probably better than Poehling, and our first is likely to be a better pick.

So something like, Gagner, Gaudette and 2018 first?

What I can't believe is Edmonton still isn't asking for a difference making D-man back. Larsson and Nurse aren't enough on the back end

You're overthinking it.

There's no way such a proposal was made to Montreal. If it was, the trade would have happened and Chia would be dead.

Archived