The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Oilers Offer Leon Draisaitl For Max Pacioretty

fivethej

I know Chiarelli likes to trade off players drafted high in the draft for veterans but I really do not think he would actually do this.......or maybe he would? 

I think this is bunk but even so,if I were Edmonton I would run Chiarelli out of town if he did this trade before he ends up trading McDavid for Malkin or something silly like that.

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Zero chance Oilers trade Draisatl.  The guy proved he’s the real deal, especially during the playoffs, where he was (arguably) better than McDavid.  I hate the Oilers, and would love they did something this stupid.  :lol:

Arguable, maybe. Large part of his playoff success was the fact half of the other teams' players were shadowing McDavid. 

10 hours ago, qwijibo said:

How exactly is Paccioretty overrated? How many players in the league have put up a minimum of 30 goals a season going back to the year before the lockout? The guy is an elite goal scorer.  

I agree with you here - but whether Pacioretty is over-rated or not. I think Edmonton would be foolish to deal a player like Draisaitl with Pacioretty as the principle.

First - as you point out, Paciorettyscored 30 goals the past 5 full seasons (and was 'on pace' in the lockout year) - but he's now 29, so perhaps half or more of those years are behind him - and he has only a year of term remaining after this season.  I don't think a mid round 1st is worth the difference.

If you're moving Draisatl, you absolutely have to get back a comparable, younger player than Max Pacioretty.  If Edmonton made that deal, their fanbase would justifiably be livid.

I don't buy a vowel in this rumour.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I agree with you here - but whether Pacioretty is over-rated or not. I think Edmonton would be foolish to deal a player like Draisaitl with Pacioretty as the principle.

First - as you point out, Paciorettyscored 30 goals the past 5 full seasons (and was 'on pace' in the lockout year) - but he's now 29, so perhaps half or more of those years are behind him - and he has only a year of term remaining after this season.  I don't think a mid round 1st is worth the difference.

If you're moving Draisatl, you absolutely have to get back a comparable, younger player than Max Pacioretty.  If Edmonton made that deal, their fanbase would justifiably be livid.

I don't buy a vowel in this rumour.

I don't buy it either.  Just taking issue with the whole "Pacioretty is overrated" thing.  The rumour itself seems totally baseless 

Wow that would be a big win for Montreal Drouin n Draisaitl down the middle not bad at all..

Younger and a better player in a more impactful position and patches is a streaky player who hasn't done much in the playoff..

Would be ridiculous to do this for Edmonton 

11 hours ago, R3aL said:

Wow that would be a big win for Montreal Drouin n Draisaitl down the middle not bad at all..

Younger and a better player in a more impactful position and patches is a streaky player who hasn't done much in the playoff..

Would be ridiculous to do this for Edmonton 

I'm not saying this is a trade that works. Generally quality vs quantity trades are bs. But to be fair. Montreal would be giving up good value here. Paccioretty is an elite goal scorer.  Not many players have put up more goals , more consistently,  than he has going back to the lockout.  Poehling is looking like a strong prospect in his draft +1 season. And they add a first on top. Again. Not suppporting the deal. I don't think it's a fit for Edmonton at all. But it's not like it would be highway robbery either. 

On 12/6/2017 at 3:06 PM, ken kaniff said:

Paccioretty and Weber for Draisaitl more like it. Leon is one of the best young players on the planet. Coilers would be dumb to give him up for so little

Your right except the Oil hasn't really been a smart team over the last 15 years or so have they?

Archived