The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flames’ Tkachuk Spears Matt Martin

b3.

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Aaaaand he runs the goalie.  Again.

That wasn't on purpose. I think he also apologized to Anderson but then Zaitsev took a hold of him and Anderson started following suit. 

Tkachuk is gonna get a fine. I'd be shocked if he got suspended.

30 minutes ago, hanzolo said:

Regardless of ones opinion on Martin, this is a dirty move and does not belong in the game. 

To be honest, I hate Martin more than Tkachuk. I'm glad he gave him a little spear. I'm fairly confident he won't get a suspension.

Its not too bad as far as spears go but it is a spear. He'll get 1 game max. Its worse because he's on the bench. THat might cost him more. If he was on the ice he'd get a fine. 

I was expecting much worse from this guy. He's quickly developing a reputation for him self. 

As I have been saying when he was a twinkle in some at CDC eye's when Canucks could have drafted him, stay away from this guys - far, far away.   You are not a valued teammate if you spear or slew foot (he is famous for the latter, nailed twice in junior officially but did it about once a month and then carried on and has done it, and injured people, in NHL) the opponent as someone on your team (potentially you) will be on the end of the retaliation.  Tough hockey is one thing.   CS hockey is exactly that.   

Someone will justify his actions, again, as "old time hockey, we would love him on our team" and so forth.   I could disagree more.  Doughty had this guy pegged once MT made the NHL.   Some others even prior to that when he did this crap in London (CHL).   He is a piece of work through and through.   I predict, with increasing empirical evidence, that he will Sean Avery right out of Calgary and then bounce around and out of the league as the Avery type (see Tootoo) do eventually.  

Archived