The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it just me...thread.

smokes

I was listening to a radio broadcast. (forget which one) and the host regularly hosts a segment called is it just me that

I always thought would be a lot of fun. So love to hear what yours are. Is it just me ...

Is it just me, or I'm loving the fact that the Oilers are doing so bad despite having a guy like McDavid on the team.

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Is it just me, or am I the only one who's glad we didn't draft Tkachuk? He brings offense, sure, but his disrespect for the game ruins it for me.

Didn't like his father as a player and this kid is even worse than his father in terms of that stuff. Good riddance.

Is it just me, or do others agree with the delay of game(puck over glass) rule? It rewards teams(with a pp) for aggressively forechecking, & pushing the pace of the play. Also takes away a cheap out, that some D used to employ. I point this out, cos' I've heard a few commentators whine about the rule.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Is it just me, or do others agree with the delay of game(puck over glass) rule? It rewards teams(with a pp) for aggressively forechecking, & pushing the pace of the play. Also takes away a cheap out, that some D used to employ. I point this out, cos' I've heard a few commentators whine about the rule.

I agree with the rule, but not the penalty attached to it.  I think it should be treated like icing.  A defensive zone faceoff with no line change.

Is it just me or do others think shot blocking should be taken out of the game.  For one it lessens offensive production, it also increases injury.  Obviously a defender can still skate towards a shot attempt and 'get in the way' but anytime a defending player has to sprawl on the ice that should be a penalty.  Remember the Rangers Stanley cup run a couple of years ago?  It wasn't uncommon to see three players trying to block a shot, it's bad for the game.

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Is it just me or does Boy George look alot like Sansa Stark?

rrib5xquturqjy36ha4k.jpg

I love Sophie Turner, why scar me like that?  You can really see her wig in that pic.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Is it just me or do others think shot blocking should be taken out of the game.  For one it lessens offensive production, it also increases injury.  Obviously a defender can still skate towards a shot attempt and 'get in the way' but anytime a defending player has to sprawl on the ice that should be a penalty.  Remember the Rangers Stanley cup run a couple of years ago?  It wasn't uncommon to see three players trying to block a shot, it's bad for the game.

I think penalties for blocking shots is a ridiculous idea. I can see the rest of your point, I disagree though. Blocking shots is an important part of a defenseman's role. Every blocked shot is potentially a goal saved.

That said, top-6 forwards should not be blocking shots, at least in the sprawling out fashion. Leave it to the 4th line guys.

Is it me or did Benning completely fleece other teams in these trades?

- a 3rd (Keegan Iverson) for Dorsett (NYR)

- a 2nd (Oliver Kylington) for Baertschi (CGY)

- Shinkaruk for Granlund (CGY)

- Pedan and 4th for Pouliot (PIT)

- Hansen for Goldobin and 4th (Gunnarsson and Palmu) (SJ)

- Burrows for Dahlen (OTT)

7 hours ago, Qwags said:

Is it just me, or am I the only one who's glad we didn't draft Tkachuk? He brings offense, sure, but his disrespect for the game ruins it for me.

Ha, great minds.  Was thinking that on my drive in to work.  He's a disaster looking for a place to happen.  

Is it just me or is this team showing character and resilience that no one expected?  Stech, as an example.  "Toughness and grit" are often discussed here...you don't have to be a 6'11" 290 lb monster to exhibit these traits.  He's living proof of that.  

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Ha, great minds.  Was thinking that on my drive in to work.  He's a disaster looking for a place to happen.  

Is it just me or is this team showing character and resilience that no one expected?  Stech, as an example.  "Toughness and grit" are often discussed here...you don't have to be a 6'11" 290 lb monster to exhibit these traits.  He's living proof of that.  

Fully agree Deb, this team has character which reminds me of the 94 team. Love it and hope it continues right into the play offs. ::D

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Is it just me or does anyone else find it bittersweet in this draft year full of stud Defence that we are putting together a respectable start to the year.

Great to see but....

The problem is that the Canucks have absolutely no luck when it comes to the lotteries.

Archived