The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Seattle to begin season ticket drive, aiming for 2021 entry to NHL

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

51 minutes ago, brilac said:

I received my priority number.  It is 6,000 something.  That is great.  I hope they have more than 6,000 something season tickets, half, or quarter available.  I was at the dentist on Saturday, and after addressing my concerns, it was time to talk about hockey.  He put down a deposit as well, and we were talking about the 33,000 deposits. Impressive of those deposits!

I got 30xx.  The number means how many PEOPLE are ahead of us.  Not seats.  Your 6000 are all buying at least 2, many 4, some even more.

But I'd estimate the average person is getting maybe 3?  

17 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Personally I hope they go with Totems. Makes sense for the market, the original logo would work perfectly and a jersey layout like this one would be perfect and classy.

DQYHpAPVAAAGr1b.jpg

Love it.  Something you could wear out in public with jeans and boots pretty easy.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I got 30xx.  The number means how many PEOPLE are ahead of us.  Not seats.  Your 6000 are all buying at least 2, many 4, some even more.

But I'd estimate the average person is getting maybe 3?  

I know that, that's why I was hoping for half and quarter season tickets too.  I'm just totally excited, and about everything!  It's my new thing to talk about, as well as everyone else!

Now as for the uniforms, a hint of gold with green would be great! Making the uniform pop!  I pulled up the Sonics uniforms because I heard that certain colors were reserved for them if they come back, and I can't tell if that is yellow and green or gold and green.  

18 minutes ago, brilac said:

I know that, that's why I was hoping for half and quarter season tickets too.  I'm just totally excited, and about everything!  It's my new thing to talk about, as well as everyone else!

Now as for the uniforms, a hint of gold with green would be great! Making the uniform pop!  I pulled up the Sonics uniforms because I heard that certain colors were reserved for them if they come back, and I can't tell if that is yellow and green or gold and green.  

Maybe in fall when they send us information about seat selection and payment plans, they will want more cash then.  Stuff like that will thin out the heard a bit.

I know for Vancouver I pay 10% now for my next year tickets, they payments from july-january.  But Vegas for instance, they did have payment plans...but they started months before their first game and you would have been almost paid up in full before their first game was even played.  If they want the money early, it will really mess up scalpers with 20 or more seats.  Even people with 4 that need to sell half to be able to afford to go, might reconsider.

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Maybe in fall when they send us information about seat selection and payment plans, they will want more cash then.  Stuff like that will thin out the heard a bit.

I know for Vancouver I pay 10% now for my next year tickets, they payments from july-january.  But Vegas for instance, they did have payment plans...but they started months before their first game and you would have been almost paid up in full before their first game was even played.  If they want the money early, it will really mess up scalpers with 20 or more seats.  Even people with 4 that need to sell half to be able to afford to go, might reconsider.

Yeah, I used to have the Ice Pack for Canucks games. I would have considered a half season, but Vancouver is far away from Seattle, and sometimes it would tire me out, that the moment I arrived in Vancouver, it was coffee all day and wine at the game.  It was no problem paying for the Ice Pack.  I would have paid it all at once, but there was no incentive, so I paid it on the 3 month plan. 

I just saw a commercial on JoeTV for Hockey School on Q it up Sports, where they talk about Hockey and the basics of Hockey/teaching Seattle all about Hockey.  I found it funny.  I could totally start drinking wine again and watch this.  But then again, I really need to be schooled in Football and those other sports.  Someone tried teaching me the basics of Football.  At least I really like those Seahawks press conferences! I'm always like, Doug Baldwin... Oh yes, please talk more! 

• 2 weeks later...

“We cannot wait to get on a high-speed rail line to come up and have the greatest hockey rivalry in North America, which is the Seattle Totems versus the Vancouver Canucks.” 

-Washinton State governor Jay Inslee

He may have accidently confirmed the name, or simply used the one he likes best.

Source:

http://thecomeback.com/nhl/washington-governor-may-slipped-revealed-seattles-nhl-team-name.html

• Upvote 2

On 3/6/2018 at 6:33 PM, BowtieCanuck said:

Personally I hope they go with Totems. Makes sense for the market, the original logo would work perfectly and a jersey layout like this one would be perfect and classy.

DQYHpAPVAAAGr1b.jpg

That is BEAUTIFUL. Great use of double green. Totems screams Seattle Hockey and Pacific Northwest. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2018-03-24 at 1:37 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

That is BEAUTIFUL. Great use of double green. Totems screams Seattle Hockey and Pacific Northwest. 

I think the totem could be a bit more imposing, but loving the theme and the colours. A little jelly. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1