The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal- Vancouver/Buffalo; the time is now

We all remember how interested J.B. was in drafting Sam Reinhart; there is no better time than now to swing a major deal with Buffalo, they have the forward depth and desperately need a top 2 defender. With Horvat going down for 4-6 weeks we need to fill that center hole. Reinhart could be that perfect fit with Boesser, and most certainly a true upgrade in our young core. I propose we deal Tanev for Reinhart + 2018 2nd  

I would love Reinhart on the Canucks. Imagine a 1-2 punch of Horvat and Reinhart, with wingers Boeser, Pettersson and Dahlen. BUT, trading Tanev (and some also say Edler) would leave our blueline lacking even more than it already is.

Is this enough?

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Juolevi - Pouliot

Biega

?

I think we would have to be adding a 2nd with Tanev and not the other way around.  As much as I would like Reinhart, our right side would be so thin...with Gudbransson as our #1 RHD, Stetcher and probably a LHD playing the right side.

I don't think that a trade that would go down during the season.  Buffalo are way out of it and you don't trade a blue chip like Reinhart (despite his struggles) for Tanev and expecting to turn your season around.  If you want to make that kind of impact for 2018-19, that trade would have to come at the draft or before UFA, IMO.

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I would love Reinhart on the Canucks. Imagine a 1-2 punch of Horvat and Reinhart, with wingers Boeser, Pettersson and Dahlen. BUT, trading Tanev (and some also say Edler) would leave our blueline lacking even more than it already is.

Is this enough?

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Juolevi - Pouliot

Biega

?

Its not enough right now but first of all you have Tanev and Edler out of that line up. That will never happen. Only one of the 2 would be traded I'm sure and its easier to trade Tanev

11 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Its not enough right now but first of all you have Tanev and Edler out of that line up. That will never happen. Only one of the 2 would be traded I'm sure and its easier to trade Tanev

I think we could add Edler in the trade, instead of 2018 2nd.

Just now, Rabbit said:

I think we could add Edler in the trade, instead of 2018 2nd.

We cannot yet move our top 2 defenders in one trade to get a center. Makes no sense to do that. Benning said if Tanev is moved, a young D prospect must be in the return for Vancouver and I agree with him

12 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

We cannot yet move our top 2 defenders in one trade to get a center. Makes no sense to do that. Benning said if Tanev is moved, a young D prospect must be in the return for Vancouver and I agree with him

How about Tanev, a prospect and a 2nd for Reinhart and Guhle?

We'd have to add dearly to any Tanev/Rhino deal - so much so that I doubt it makes sense for us. 

Tanev, whilst a shut-down/shot suppression machine, isn't going to help Buffalo in any way-shape-form as their franchise is a mess and likely will be a mess for a while. 

Tanev will be 28yo in a couple weeks and will be out of this league by the time Rhino is just entering his prime - that kind of disparity will cost us a prime prospect/ high pick and/or a promising young roster player - this goes against JB's mantra of 'building through the draft'. 

Time is not now, time is when we have an extra 2 to three players fighting for top 6 spots which we do not have and not even close, then we trade for a player we need

right now we are rebuilding and they would want more then Tanev which would not be worth it, they would ask Tanev and a 1st

3 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Ben Hutton + Reid Boucher for Sam Reinhart.

and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee

This makes way more sense for both teams.  I used to covet Sam Reinhart, but he’s not really progressed like a top two centre.  He might not be worth the risk.

Archived