The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal- Vancouver/Buffalo; the time is now

On 2017-12-08 at 12:09 PM, Crimson said:

It would leave us in a much better spot if we could swing Hutton+ instead of moving Tanev.

Baertschi + Hutton + VAN 2nd for Reinhart

Would suck to lose Baertschi after him having a really good season playing alongside Horvat and Boeser as well as a young #4/5 defenseman in Hutton, but Reinhart has a chance to be a star in this league and this team needs more star power. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, rekker said:

Buffalo needs D. Tanev is overpayment for SR me thinks. Hutton not enough. Kind of tough to gauge SR value. 

Only has 11 or so points. Definitely looks like he needs a change of scenery. Still very skilled. 

I don't think Hutton + Goldy is that far off. IMO

13 minutes ago, rekker said:

Buffalo needs D. Tanev is overpayment for SR me thinks. Hutton not enough. Kind of tough to gauge SR value. 

I used to want ?Sam too, but I’m wondering if he’s one of those tweener guys: not skilled enough for top six, and not tough enough for bottom six?  

4 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Only has 11 or so points. Definitely looks like he needs a change of scenery. Still very skilled. 

I don't think Hutton + Goldy is that far off. IMO

He is really struggling. I don't watch him enough to comment. I remember his draft and all they could talk about was his smarts. I seem to remember reading something about SR and Eichel not getting along so well. I see Hutton. I think would need more than Goldy.  Hutton and Granlund for SR?

1 minute ago, rekker said:

He is really struggling. I don't watch him enough to comment. I remember his draft and all they could talk about was his smarts. I seem to remember reading something about SR and Eichel not getting along so well. I see Hutton. I think would need more than Goldy.  Hutton and Granlund for SR?

I think he would be great for our second unit power play. Not a huge fan of his two way play, but on the power play, he seems to understand where to be. Definitely a smart player.

Just now, rekker said:

Reinhart and Eichel are roommates.  

Interesting.  If we could take a chance on Reinhart for a package like Hutton and Goldobin (or Granlund) then I'd go for it.  If we have to trade a guy like Jake, it's a bit of a gamble but could pay off if our scouts think Reinhardt could still become elite.  But any more than that and I think we just stand pat.

In terms of trading Jake, the guy I'd be looking for in return (if we're talking about a young player that just hasn't really broken into the league yet), I'd go for Sanheim out of Philly.  We have lots of young forward prospects, but are lacking on potential top pairing defenseman outside of Juolevi.  Sanheim is stuck behind elite young d-men, he's a good big young player, and Jake fits the type of player that Philly loves.  Hopefully a win-win for both teams.  Maybe Jake could be a long term option alongside Nolan Patrick?

4 hours ago, underrated said:

Interesting.  If we could take a chance on Reinhart for a package like Hutton and Goldobin (or Granlund) then I'd go for it.  If we have to trade a guy like Jake, it's a bit of a gamble but could pay off if our scouts think Reinhardt could still become elite.  But any more than that and I think we just stand pat.

In terms of trading Jake, the guy I'd be looking for in return (if we're talking about a young player that just hasn't really broken into the league yet), I'd go for Sanheim out of Philly.  We have lots of young forward prospects, but are lacking on potential top pairing defenseman outside of Juolevi.  Sanheim is stuck behind elite young d-men, he's a good big young player, and Jake fits the type of player that Philly loves.  Hopefully a win-win for both teams.  Maybe Jake could be a long term option alongside Nolan Patrick?

Whatever the scenario I feel it may come to a forward moved for a D. Especially if we draft another forward this year. That may well happen if Tkachuk is there when we pick. Someone will need to be moved for a D. If it needs to be them Jake for Samheim would be a fair deal.

Archived