The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Athlete In the World?

Goat James

prime mcgregor,  ronaldo, gronkowski, antony joshua,  and for hockey Jagr has to be there. a guy playing at 44 even when he was out of the league for a couple of years.  whatever his diet plan and work out plan was sure worked. add in he has remained mostly healthy with no pulled muscles or anything off the top of my head.

usain bolt is insane as well. 

8 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Beauden+Barrett+5-pmYOgKqXjm.jpg

Was going to post this. Rugby in general is far more demanding than (American) football. Just 80 minutes of non-stop physicality and speed. I played at school and I haven't been as exhausted after playing a game of any sport as I was rugby. Barrett is a hell of a player but I thought he was pretty mediocre in the Autumn Tests. From a Scottish perspective Stuart Hogg is pretty to exciting to watch as well and among the best in the world. That's something we haven't had in a long time.

6 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Was going to post this. Rugby in general is far more demanding than (American) football. Just 80 minutes of non-stop physicality and speed. I played at school and I haven't been as exhausted after playing a game of any sport as I was rugby. Barrett is a hell of a player but I thought he was pretty mediocre in the Autumn Tests. From a Scottish perspective Stuart Hogg is pretty to exciting to watch as well and among the best in the world. That's something we haven't had in a long time.

I was going to mention Hogg, but I figured I was biased because he plays for Scotland. 

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Lol Baseball is on that list lolz  not even cycling or rock climbing or swimming haha baseball where you spend %90 of the game standing around is Babe Ruth to be considered  an elite athlete ahead of M Phelps who has to be considered one of the best athletes ever no? Lol Baseball.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you've clearly never played baseball (looking forward to your reply about how you were an all-star high school player and still never thought it was hard). It requires a lot of speed, timing, hand-eye coordination, and the hardest thing in professional sports is trying to hit a pitch. 

11 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you've clearly never played baseball (looking forward to your reply about how you were an all-star high school player and still never thought it was hard). It requires a lot of speed, timing, hand-eye coordination, and the hardest thing in professional sports is trying to hit a pitch. 

How about a legendary player that was an allstar at both pitching AND hitting?

(Babe Ruth - a fair number of people don't know he was a fantastic major league pitcher before switching).

No steriods....just hot dogs to build his physique lol....

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

You laugh, but baseball is very taxing on your body. 162 games, and playing almost every single day. It isn't a coindence that you rarely see a player play competitive baseball at an elite level for long. Usually most baseball players' skills start to deteriorate at the age of 30-33.

This.

People who don't understand the game or the mentally taxing nature of it don't understand.

29 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

saving a pk in soccer was proven in sports science to be harder. also considering that almost every game someone hits a homerun and some people manage 40+.

I would also say hitting a half court short with 1second left on the clock is harder I would say KOing in boxing is harder as well. I am sure I can think of other things if i had more time.

12 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

ya cause its super boring. played a few games as a kid and it was awful to say the least.

If you don't understand it, I can see where it can seem boring. But that is like tons of other sports (soccer is another one off the top of my head that gets a bad reputation). 

21 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

saving a pk in soccer was proven in sports science to be harder. also considering that almost every game someone hits a homerun and some people manage 40+.

I would also say hitting a half court short with 1second left on the clock is harder I would say KOing in boxing is harder as well. I am sure I can think of other things if i had more time.

I'm sure you're real busy. 

24 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

ya cause its super boring. played a few games as a kid and it was awful to say the least.

Boxing and soccer are far more boring to watch than baseball. Not to mention soccer is nothing but players taking dives to create attention cos the sport has apparently never thought to add more referees to the field. 

14 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Lol baseball.

not even a sport.  I'd consider it a skill at best.

you can be fat and have a mouth full of dip the whole time.

A skill? There are so many different skills that are required to play the Sport. A flawed argument.

28 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

I'm not saying, saving a penalty kick doesn't involve any skill at all, but it's more luck than anything. I read, 75% of World Cup's PK are goals. Kind of one sided for the kicker.

7 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

A skill? There are so many different skills that are required to play the Sport. A flawed argument.

I love baseball. And to the idiot you quoted to who thinks there are a bunch of fat guys chewing tobacco in baseball: again, you're an idiot.  I'm sure he's thinking of some player from 30 years ago which only goes to show how out of touch he is. You can be fat and do a lot of sports (boxing and MMA especially). 

8 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

Boxing and soccer are far more boring to watch than baseball. Not to mention soccer is nothing but players taking dives to create attention cos the sport has apparently never thought to add more referees to the field. 

Too much curruption in boxing (judging) & soccer (FIFA).  About the only organization more corrupt is probably the IOC.

Archived