The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks shopping Alexander Burmistrov

Just now, TNucks1 said:

with all our injurys you'd think we wouldnt be trying to trade him.

We just picked up Dowd in a trade who is more suited for a bottom line role with the style of his game and he is a right shot C which helps too. Canucks may also want to reward Boucher with a call up at some point this year, just spitballing though.

What I am hoping to see is we make a similar trade as for Dowd, except this time we are trading the nhl player for a ahl D prospect

I think he got stuck in the Green's doghouse and hasn't been given much of a chance to show he can play on a stable line.

It is hard to suggest Dowd or Chaput have more upside.  People talk about Dowd being a bottom line player... but that simply is 100% false, he doesn't kill penalties and is a high risk player.

It isn't the end of the world to trade him, but he probably has a lot more to show tham he has been able to so far.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I think he got stuck in the Green's doghouse and hasn't been given much of a chance to show he can play on a stable line.

It is hard to suggest Dowd or Chaput have more upside.  People talk about Dowd being a bottom line player... but that simply is 100% false, he doesn't kill penalties and is a high risk player.

It isn't the end of the world to trade him, but he probably has a lot more to show tham he has been able to so far.

Nic Dowd was a penalty killer in junior hockey, college hockey and in the AHL. He didn't get the chance in LA, but he can certainly play on the PK.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I agree Burmi> than Dowd for sure. I also think Burmi hasnt been given proper shot either. Instead of trading for Dowd we could have given Burmi a nice run of some games before Sutter came back.

team seems to think differently so I would assume if we are lucky he gets traded or likely gets waived and hopefully goes to help Utica

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nic Dowd was a penalty killer in junior hockey, college hockey and in the AHL. He didn't get the chance in LA, but he can certainly play on the PK.

Total Ryan Johnson type player.

Dowd was a great pick up for the bottom 6.

29 minutes ago, Monty said:

Waived last year before getting snatched up by Arizona. I suspect the same will happen. If a trade occurs, likely after he clears waivers.

I think you're right. Benning went out and got another depth C to replace Burmy, not Bo imo. Waiving Burmy makes him much more tradable.  

His replacement:

-----------------

Some perspective though, because I think Brough is making a lot out of nothing. Here's the quote:

5. Whatever it may look like with his ice-time, I left Vancouver last week believing the Canucks have a long-term plan for Jake Virtanen. They see a big, strong, fast guy who can shoot it. Whatever happened before, they don’t want to give up. I do think, however, they will try to find another spot for Alexander Burmistrov.

And good on Dhaliwal for contacting the Agent

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not according to a bunch of pundits who have talked about him on the radio since the trade... they indicate that defence isn't his strong suit and that he plays a high risk AHL style that you can't get away with in the NHL.  Kind of like the guy he got traded for.

100 NHL games and no PK time, you are really reaching to suggest that he can magically do it with zero evidence to back it up.

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Not according to a bunch of pundits who have talked about him on the radio since the trade... they indicate that defence isn't his strong suit and that he plays a high risk AHL style that you can't get away with in the NHL.  Kind of like the guy he got traded for.

100 NHL games and no PK time, you are really reaching to suggest that he can magically do it with zero evidence to back it up.

Dowd mentioned in an interview that the Kings have the best PK in the league, so it was hard for him to come in and replace someone when they were doing well. He will be given a chance here with the Canucks, so we'll see if he's capable at the NHL level.

52 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

with all our injurys you'd think we wouldnt be trying to trade him.

it sounds like Burmistrov wants to play and might not be satisfied being a 13th man.

it's hard to argue with where Green has him on the depth chart though - and hard to argue with bringing in Chaput and Dowd.

everyday NHL business though - he's an asset on the edge of the roster.

Archived