The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks shopping Alexander Burmistrov

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

JIM FIND US A RECLAMATION PROSPECT I KNOW YOU CAN.

IMO, if the goal is to trade Gudbranson at the deadline, use Burmi to get someone to replace Guddy's physical presence.  I hear Florida is shopping Petrovic, and is looking for a centre....do it JB.

gagner for petrovic sounds better to me! Burmi will net a very late pick at best, he was on waivers last year, i expect the same to happen this year with a team claiming him

2 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Ducks, Canadiens and Rangers all looking for Center depth 

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-teams-that-are-looking-for-a-forward-rick-nash-ny-rangers/2017/11/15/

Get snooping, Bennington

What's Burmistrov realistically worth though?  I think teams will wait for him to go on waivers, and then take their chances.  Heck, he might even clear, and get sent to Utica!

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

His replacement:

-----------------

Some perspective though, because I think Brough is making a lot out of nothing. Here's the quote:

And good on Dhaliwal for contacting the Agent

And this post highlights the difference between a real solid, and competent source in Rick Dhaliwal, and a chucklehead like Jason Brough who's cut from the same poop-stained cloth as Botchford/Patterson/Sekeres and the rest of those weasels.

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What's Burmistrov realistically worth though?  I think teams will wait for him to go on waivers, and then take their chances.  Heck, he might even clear, and get sent to Utica!

I'm not doing a deep dive on this one but there are a lot of things one could look into with regards to his value to another team.

For instance, say you're looking at making a deal with one of the three teams I mentioned above. Are any of them carrying a player with whom Burmi has played with before, and specifically, anyone with whom he's shown chemistry with in the past? 
(just an example)

Would we have had the same level of interest in Goldobin when we traded for him, if we didn't already have Boucher? (referencing their past chemistry in junior) 
Transactions can be weird creatures......

12 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

I'm not doing a deep dive on this one but there are a lot of things one could look into with regards to his value to another team.

For instance, say you're looking at making a deal with one of the three teams I mentioned above. Are any of them carrying a player with whom Burmi has played with before, and specifically, anyone with whom he's shown chemistry with in the past? 
(just an example)

Would we have had the same level of interest in Goldobin when we traded for him, if we didn't already have Boucher? (referencing their past chemistry in junior) 
Transactions can be weird creatures......

Maybe Burmistrov could become part of a bigger deal?  Burmistrov + Gudbranson + ? for something nice from Florida??

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

In all seriousness a karlsson deal would be at minimum Baer,OJ,Demko and a 1st.... then you have to give him 10 mil per season!

Am I the only one that would contemplate making this deal? When he's on, Karlsson is in the discussion for best player on the planet.

2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Am I the only one that would contemplate making this deal? When he's on, Karlsson is in the discussion for best player on the planet.

Not close enough to finishing a rebuild in my opinion. Giving up your goalie of the future, future top pair dman, and a top pick when we still are a ways off from contending is not the right move at this time. I think that would probably put us back where we’ve been the last handful of years, a middle of the pack team that has mortgaged its future once again. This organization has done enough of that while we were contenders, which is fine when the door is still open. Not so much when the door is closed. 

Archived