The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks shopping Alexander Burmistrov

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

Honestly, right now the odds are against OJ developing into a top pairing defenseman. He's still really young but he hasn't developed at the rate we would have liked. No one really knows what he will end up being but to give Demko and a 1st round pick to turn OJ into one of the best players in the NHL, that's a pretty good deal IMO. Baer is just a throw in and can be replaced fairly easily. Not to say he has zero value but I could care less about moving Baertschi. 

Timing wise, sure, we'd like to be a year or 2 further into our rebuild when adding a piece like Karlsson but we're arguably a better team than Ottawa even without Karlsson. Add in Karlsson and who knows, maybe we could go on a cinderella run? We'd surely be a playoff team and there would be a buzz surrounding this team that we haven't seen in a while.

Juolevi has been developing quite well this year. It sucks that Matthew Tkachuk with the next pick after him, but defensemen usually take longer to develop and I trust that Jim Benning wouldn't have picked Juolevi if he didn't have #1 dman potential. If Juolevi could be part of a package for Karlsson, I wouldn't object to it, but I think that Karlsson will be past his peak by the time the Canucks are competing for the Stanley Cup again. I'd rather have a 25 year old Juolevi, Demko in net and whatever else is included than a 33 year old Karlsson.

As fans we love depth, but gotta imagine too much depth can be bad for players. We have a lot of players that can do what Burmi can, and more efficiently since they are playing and he isn't. I have no problem with him as a player, there are just players I think add more than he does. He is a good player and on another team with weaker depth he would be playing. Hopefully a deal can get done, getting a asset for him would be great but I imagine he gets claimed or we just get a nobody AHL player. Preferably a center since Utica is kinda hurting for center depth.

9 minutes ago, Quantum said:

If the Canucks can move him for a C+ defensive prospect, probably a win and the best they can do.

Good chance that Burmistrov gets waived sooner rather than later. He'll also have more value if he clears waivers as opposed to if he doesn't, honestly.

Pedan cleared waivers, and he (pretty much) returned Pouliot.  That would be phenomenal of Burmistrov could bring back that type of return.  (I doubt it though)

7 hours ago, Yotes said:

This smells like other recent players available this year. Spread the word wait a day or two then put on waivers.

I would be thrilled if we could get something back for him, but not going to hold my breath on that.

Like somebody's Jordan Subban......                                                                                                                        

4 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Why do teams waive players prior to trading them? Why wouldn't a team just pluck him off waivers instead of trading for him? 

Thanks in advance 

because they can just move them to their AHL affiliate and then call up as needed. Someone could grab up Burmy before, but then that means you have to keep him on the 23 man roster vs. leave him in the AHL 

I wonder what Dal Colle is worth...

Dal Colle went 1/5 '14; Virtanen went 1/6 '14. Oshawa Generals, has a pretty good shot, the only top ten of his draft without any NHL experience.

Griffin Reinhart sounds interesting... 1/4 '12; Gaunce went 1/26 '12. 6'04" 212lbs; could be good...

Pile 'em up.

6 hours ago, darkpoet said:

How about Edler/Burmi to Toronto for Michael Paliotta 

I know Dale Tallon's moist for Guddy but I don't like losing his toughness. Our team is too soft now.
Edler would allow Toronto to dump Polak, whom everyone over there hates, and we move on from one more aging player that's left over from 2011. 

https://editorinleaf.com/2017/09/16/toronto-maple-leafs-michael-paliotta/
http://marlies.ca/players/6002

Michael Paliotta 
6'3" 207 lbs
Defense
R/H shot
24 years old
70th overall pick by the Hawks in 2011. 

Why trade one of our best players for a guy on an AHL deal? 

Archived