The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks shopping Alexander Burmistrov

On 12/11/2017 at 11:22 AM, Ossi Vaananen said:

Some perspective though, because I think Brough is making a lot out of nothing. Here's the quote:

And good on Dhaliwal for contacting the Agent

Thanks for posting the quote, I went to look for it when no one had posted it right away.

Yeah, not much there to get too worked up about. In fact, that was more of an aside than anything concrete. But here we are, a bunch of pages of people speculating and even panicking a little.

3 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Opinions are fine. But when you think you're the 2nd coming of Scotty Bowman, act like his sh** don't stink and bash other people's perspective just because they differ from yours, I don't have time for that. 99% percent of posters on CDC know how to have a healthy debate. If you fall in that 1%, do us both a favour and just save it. That's the definition of a troll. Someone that's more concerned with getting a reaction than having a discussion.

60% of all stats are made up. Yours is one of the 40%. Wanna know how I know? It's because a good portion of CDC'ers post like they're panicky 12 year olds, so there's no way 99% know how to have a healthy debate.

But, how this originated was hardly something to get upset over. You're siding with expecting a defence prospect to be competitive for the team in his draft +1 year just because he was drafted top 5, and others are saying even if he didn't have the camp many of us wanted it doesn't mean he's a disappointment.

Wait, isn't this a thread on the (pretty vague) Burmistrov rumour?

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

Honey Badger is 21st on the Sharks in ice-time/game.  Just sayin'.

Honey Badger aint no fourth liner.    At least not in this uniform. 

I love him even more after doing so little for that group of whine and dive losers.

So let's liberate the Shards from his 3.0 million cap hit and bring him back.

Oh look, then we're only retaining on one player, and could trade the Sedins and retain on both!

(ducking)

6 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Opinions are fine. But when you think you're the 2nd coming of Scotty Bowman, act like his $&!# don't stink and bash other people's perspective just because they differ from yours, I don't have time for that. 99% percent of posters on CDC know how to have a healthy debate. If you fall in that 1%, do us both a favour and just save it. That's the definition of a troll. Someone that's more concerned with getting a reaction than having a discussion.

No, that's the definition of you overreacting and not being able to accept that someone disagrees with what you have said.

14 hours ago, oldnews said:

Honey Badger is 21st on the Sharks in ice-time/game.  Just sayin'.

Honey Badger aint no fourth liner.    At least not in this uniform. 

I love him even more after doing so little for that group of whine and dive losers.

So let's liberate the Shards from his 3.0 million cap hit and bring him back.

If they want Burmistrov, they're welcome.  If they want Gagner, they're welcome. 

Hockey trade - until the moment it happens - and then the Badger resurfaces and it goes in the fleece column.  Suck it SJ.

Burmistrov for Badger...100% would do.

I don't mind certain aspects of Burmistrov's game, but he's looking more and more unable to work with his linemates - seems to lack awareness of where his team-mates are on the ice and thus doesn't make the obvious pass at times, and holds onto the puck when he should be moving it.

Not sure if that's rust, lack of familiarity, or trying to do too much - but he's not looking effective - and it's probably his spot in the lineup that winds up being replaced with someone who brings more grit?  That would be my guess anyhow - last night that third period spinorama (or whatever that was) kinda tweaked it for me - and with the losses/absences the team has taken, can it afford to keep all the less physical veterans in the lineup?   My guess is no.  I'd probably waive him in favour of giving MacEwen an opportunity/incentive to have a taste of the NHL (although obviously that would depend on Trent Cull's take on his readiness and having earned it - but liked how he played in preseason, and his production in Utica is impressive for a young rookie.)

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Wish we could have suckered some team into given up a late round pick for him. Anyway, at least we’ll gain a contract slot. Happy “retirement” Alex and enjoy the KHL.

If Burmistrov can “retire” to get out of his contract to go play in the KHL, could Tryamkin “retire” from the KHL to come play here?  :rolleyes:

Wish him well playing back in his homeland. Tough to make a go of it in a country that you’re foreign too.

However, his expectations when he came over didn’t help at first. He expected first and second line treatment when he first came over. And when he was given the chance to grab those spots, he crashed and burned. Just didn’t produce offensively at all. The issue was clear very early. He was a really good shutdown center, who would have thrived as a 3rd line center. However, he strongly believed that he could also produce offensively. He couldn’t.

On 12/15/2017 at 8:15 PM, King Heffy said:

Seeing him let Hartnell push him around after the Virt hit was the final straw.  Simply gutless reaction and I can't wait until he's gone at this point.  Hard to get Virt to play the way he needs to when his teammates hang him out to dry.

merry christmas

santa got your gift list

and granted yo your wish

burm is gone - you are free to do the happy dance

be a good boy next year as well ok :P

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Wish him well playing back in his homeland. Tough to make a go of it in a country that you’re foreign too.

However, his expectations when he came over didn’t help at first. He expected first and second line treatment when he first came over. And when he was given the chance to grab those spots, he crashed and burned. Just didn’t produce offensively at all. The issue was clear very early. He was a really good shutdown center, who would have thrived as a 3rd line center. However, he strongly believed that he could also produce offensively. He couldn’t.

He's spent more years of his career playing in NA than Russia. Plus, he wasn't solid defensively here. That's why he was always out of the line up. 

Archived