The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I hear what you are saying and agree with most of it...however, what I see as a fan is that Goldy is out performing Gagner with his limited opportunity. 

Not giving the young guys the opportunity to work through their stuff is not a good development strategy when they are out performing the vets on the ice.

Goldy has 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games and is + 3. That is a good start to being a responsible player...coach needs to trust him and give him the opportunity sooner or later or keep playing Gagner, Dowd and Gaunce...when the team needs goals and send Goldy back to Utica.

Vets will continue to take up roster spots and continue to fail....and the opportunity cost is the young skilled guys will not develop in the big leagues.

And I can understand where you're coming from. What we see out of Goldy's play in games is offensive skill, and some sexy passes, but that's not enough to stay in the NHL. I believe Green is showing him that you can't get away with certain play or habits up here like you can in Utica, and yeah, the hope is that Goldy gets it sooner than later. His play without the puck has improved from atrocious to beer league, and jokes aside, I commend Goldobin for that improvement. He has more in him though, and Green is trying to get it out.

Again, I never advocate comparing Goldy's play to Gagner's because only 1 of those guys is expected to be contributing to the team in 2 or 3 years time, and it ain't Gagner. 

2 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Boeser scores.  Canucks lose.

all is well with team caldertank

its a miracle he's scoring even without Horvat and Baertschi.

Barzal may be the flashiest player, but if this kid continues to put up points and scores 35-40 goals despite the lack of talent around him as well maybe not collecting as many as assists as Barzal, I'd still think Boeser wins the calder. 

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Barzal may be the flashiest player, but if this kid continues to put up points and scores 35-40 goals despite the lack of talent around him as well maybe not collecting as many as assists as Barzal, I'd still think Boeser wins the calder. 

Hard to say.  Barzal has a huge advantage by playing in the east. 

Barzal is the better player as his skill creates more offence, but pure goal scorers are the rarest breed.  

I suspect barzal will out point Boeser, but if Boeser scores 40...  hard to pass by that goal total.

1 hour ago, Jack Fig said:

Blunt, terrible signing, heartless player. Can hardly believe how physically weak he is. 28 years old and on his 5th NHL team. We're not getting anything he hasn't shown before in other cities.  

Totally agree, Fig. The last thing the Canucks needed was a soft, flaky, perimeter player who chronically takes games off. I've been a big fan of most of Benning's signings, but signing Gagme for 3 years was a mistake. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Totally agree, Fig. The last thing the Canucks needed was a soft, flaky, perimeter player who chronically takes games off. I've been a big fan of most of Benning's signings, but signing Gagme for 3 years was a mistake. 

Yak would have been a better signing at $875,000 26 GP...10 points and a 0 +/-

Could have been a Russian line of Goldy, Burmi and Yak. Definitely not worst than Gagner.

15 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I completely agree. If Boeser keeps scoring without this stretch of Bo and Baer, it most definitely ups his chances of beating Barzal if their rates continue simultaneously. 

1 hour ago, Jack Fig said:

Far too many deficiencies right now. The young guys are working hard, the older guys are mostly passengers, the AHL guys are confirmed AHL guys. The free agent signings are physically present but mentally and emotionally detached. The losses will continue. 

50% right Jack.......

The young guys are still in junior or Europe

The almost youngest guys are either inured or playing their guts out

The old guys are trying...............ok, passengers

and the AHL guys are confirmed AHL guys

But we played one of the best teams in the NHL......Big, fast, and young.......can't really blame an injury decimated team

Remember, when we were healthy, we were competitive............

This only underlines we are not completed our rebuild, which should be finished in 2 or 3 years

Hopefully, Benning or Aqualini doesn't over-react and trade our youth or picks

Just wait it out, and hopefully we recover when everyone's healthy

We need to draft some Offensive Dmen..............no $&!#!

We are where Winnipeg was 2 or 3 years ago, it will take some time.......but remember.......2 out of the 3 1st line players are injured......no $&!#!

20 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Brazal 28pts has 3 players on the Islanders ahead of him in scoring (Bailey 33pts, Tavares 32 pts and Lee 30pts)...Boeser 28 pts leads the Canucks in scoring...8 pts ahead of Horvat...Boeser has to be leading the Calder race.

23 minutes ago, Odd. said:

It's a gift, or special power he possesses.

Archived