The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

My take on this game.

-We had a great first. 

-Gagner took a stupid penalty 200 ft from our end, and then smiled in the "as if thats a penalty haha" kind of manner, even though it was an obvious call. They scored 2 minutes later.

-Goldobin should have played

-Dowd is a waste of a spot,at least right now.

-gotta win a face off for christ sakes

-Virtanen is insanely good at the little things like puck battles, stripping the puck, but he should hit a bit more to get the defensement to hesitate, which would open up his possibilities on the forecheck

-Vanek is one of the most pure skilled players ive ever watched play, but doesnt work hard enough

-Boeser is the real deal

-Pouliot is the real deal

-Tanev needs to stop killing the play in the Defensive zone by bracing the hit and putting the puck in his feet, causing a board battle that he loses 80% of the time. Im starting to really dislike his game. 

- we need gudbranson more than 80% of cdc woild like to admit

-Markstrom should not have played, this was Nilsson's game. 

This Dowd character doesn't get a free pass either. I get that he isn't on this team.to score goals but come on with these bad penalties man. Same thing with gagner. Doesn't hit. Doesn't fight. Not good in his own end. Hard to believe goldobin can't bring more to the table than 2 bad penalties in 2 games. 

Also for a dorsett replacement he sure doesn't do alot of fighting.

This is the set back that is needed to bring a higher pick. Adversity breeds success, this will give players like Goldy and Virtannen some more minutes and gives Green the opportunity to be creative with line mates. 

With Guddy out we saw what JB knew he had in Pouliot. We have also seen that Hutton needs to either sit or be shipped out. 

Now Goldy and Granlund should get more minutes and players like Jake, Gaunce and Burmistrov have a shot to prove

themselves. 

EmW

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

Is this guy the weakest man in pro hockey?

Rule 56, Interference, 56.2: A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who deliberately knocks a stick out of an opponent’s hand, or who prevents a player who has dropped his stick or any other piece of equipment from regaining possession of it.

13 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

This needs to be our line next game

Virtanen - Granlund - Boeser

Sedins - Ericksson

Goldobin - Burmistrov - Vanek

_______ - Gaunce - Gagner

(I personally want to give Archibald a chance lol)

I agree with this lineup and would add more skill in Boucher or the size of Labate or even McEwan.

Unfortunately Green is pulling a constant mistake that fool WD used to make and fill the team with status quo plumbers when the skill level and solid defensive game has been taught to the Goldobin and Bouchers of the organization who create offense in many ways which keeps them defending less.

Played hockey myself last night and missed most just skipping through what I saw is 2 Gagner like soft plays by Chaput 1 not making the right choice at the blue line getting the puck out easily and making a soft turnover that ended up in our net and him also failing to check most dangerous Jet right down main street in the slot and then Edler either screening the goalie and failing to get to his primary spot in the slot on 3 Jets goals and then the obvious shoddy play of Markstrom on a couple.

Bottom line these errors all lead to losses and just can't happen especially when so much scoring is out of the lineup and the coach injects plumbers instead of skilled scorers and offence creators to counteract the errors and missing offense.

Also like 1 poster mentioned wtf is our 25 million dollar overpaid Swedes doing when we need them?? A goal every other game isn't going to cut it especially now time to man up and get their job done!

With Horvat, Sutter and Baertschi out, this team isn't very good right now. Boeser can't do it all himself. I've liked Virtanen's game more and more. He has great speed and wins a lot of board battles, has a great shot. I also like that he drives the net occasionally.

They've lost 3 in a row and I'm not sure they can recover from this (major injuries) and still make the playoffs. Hutton is starting to annoy me, would rather see Biega in the lineup. Chaput is a good AHL player, enough said there. Goldobin is learning lots from the press box (sarcasm). Gaunce needs a goal in the worst way. 

But not all is lost, the Canucks weren't supposed to be a contender yet, and they may end up with another Top 5 pick when all is said and done. Hmm, Top 5:

1) (LD) Dahlin

2) (RD) Merkley

3) (C) Svechnikov

4) (RW) Zadina

5) (LD) Hughes

We should get another great prospect. Cup 2021/22

12 hours ago, Odd. said:

its a miracle he's scoring even without Horvat and Baertschi.

I can't agree with that even if the sentiment is reasonable enough.

That Granlund feed was a thing of beauty - any NHLer could have tapped that into an open net.  Kudos to Brock for going to the net, but that was no miracle.

Likewise on the goal he scored playing with the Sedins - that was time machine material with some Sweet Georgia background music - when they play like that it aint a miracle that their linemate finds an open space and winds up with the puck on their stick.

If Green finds plum opportunities for anyone under the circumstances, it's going to be Boeser.   Whether it's with the Sedins or Granlund centering his line, I think he's going to be ok and get his opportunities - he's just so dialed in on going to and being in the right areas, and he has that killer instinct with the puck on his stick.  It's such a sharp contrast to the pass, pass, shoot , pass, pass, pass, shoot, pass we've gotten used to lol.  Love the Sedins, but damn it's nice to have that guy that just rips the puck when he sees an opportunity.  His gamebreaking makes a world of difference.

Archived