The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Guys knock sticks all the time even if the getting knocked guy doesn't have the puck.  Various reasons why of which I won't get into.  In this over officiated nhlNHL, a call on this play would just add to the too many calls as it is.

again: the grey areas of NHL officiating.

If it were called and called consistently from the beginning, players just wouldn’t do it. I don’t deny grey areas exist, I just don’t like them. 

7 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

According to written law though, which in my experience doesn’t have grey areas written in them.

“Okay sir, you definitely raped her but in your defense she wasn’t squeezing her knees together very tightly. I don’t know if her legs are injured or if she just has the leg strength of a 5 year old but she should’ve squeezed harder.”

Nope. 

Interference to rape is a pretty big leap, bud. The 2 are not comparable. Your cherry picking of a traumatic incident/hypothetical doesn't change the fact that the law is not applied equally in all situations to all people. You can wish it to be so, but it won't be. Also, I think we've crossed the hockey talk line into a much different area. This will likely be my last response to you regarding this matter.

-----------

Did not ever think I'd find myself writing a post like that in a Canucks PGT. Sorry for derailing, everybody.

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Did not ever think I'd find myself writing a post like that in a Canucks PGT. Sorry for derailing, everybody.

It happens to the best of us. Especially when one of these guys comes out of the wood work. I was thinking about chiming in but you guys seem to have it under control lol.

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Interference to rape is a pretty big leap, bud. The 2 are not comparable. Your cherry picking of a traumatic incident/hypothetical doesn't change the fact that the law is not applied equally in all situations to all people. You can wish it to be so, but it won't be. Also, I think we've crossed the hockey talk line into a much different area. This will likely be my last response to you regarding this matter.

-----------

Alright. What I’ve gathered from these interactions is questioning the conventional wisdom is not your, or riffraffs thing. It was an obvious hyperbole. Have a good day. 

10 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It happens to the best of us. Especially when one of these guys comes out of the wood work. I was thinking about chiming in but you guys seem to have it under control lol.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

giphy.gif

I'm done, but can I have some of that popcorn? I'm having beer for breakfast.

the farcical rape scenario was as a tad much I suppose. It’s absurd but so is saying he should just hold his stick harder. Where the hell is a ref supposed to draw that line and why do we think it’s okay for the ref to be the one drawing that line. 

49 minutes ago, apollo said:

Certainly not A. 

It's a combination of B and C if you ask me... I think it's just a sign that a players "head" just isn't there at that moment and he's not gripping. He could be thinking of something else, or has something else on his mind. 

But seriously, if you're on the PK... you should really be prepared and focus. 

It's simply a lack of focus.

Nailed it.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Certainly not A. 

It's a combination of B and C if you ask me... I think it's just a sign that a players "head" just isn't there at that moment and he's not gripping. He could be thinking of something else, or has something else on his mind. 

But seriously, if you're on the PK... you should really be prepared and focus. 

It's simply a lack of focus.

Or maybe he was just focused on keeping the stick in the lane, which he was clearly doing. He had it extended out with one hand, adjusting to keep it where it needed to be and was focused on the guy with the puck, as he should be. 

Jets won 60+% of the faceoffs last night and a huge part of Green's system is having possession long enough to make teams go get pucks so we can set up our trap or whatever you want to call it. We need Sutter back to at least give us some strength on draws.

You can't chase a team like Winnpeg all night. We'd lose to Arizona giving 60% of the draws.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

I guarantee you that if you were caught off guard and somebody slashed the stick out just under your grip it'd go flying as well. 

Can honestly say it's never happened to me.  

And that statement is to my point.  Caught off guard means you're not focused.  I just don't see how you should be so loose out there that another player can just flick a stick out of your hands during play.  Two handed downward chop? Ok.  Flick.  No.

Just now, riffraff said:

Can honestly say it's never happened to me.  

And that statement is to my point.  Caught off guard means you're not focused.  I just don't see how you should be so loose out there that another player can just flick a stick out of your hands during play.  Two handed downward chop? Ok.  Flick.  No.

Do you play hockey? You've never had the stick chopped out of your hands? Really? How much do you stroke it that you have the forearm strength of Zeus?

15 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Do you play hockey? You've never had the stick chopped out of your hands? Really? How much do you stroke it that you have the forearm strength of Zeus?

I've already stated a few times it wasn't a chop.  I admitted that a proper slash would knock a stick out of a set of hands from time to time.

what happened to tanev was not a chop.

edit.

yes I play.

and I've flicked a guys stick out of his l hands - first face off at the start of the game.  Why? Cos I knew he wasn't ready.

2 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

PVR'd the game.  Checked the score after work.....just cant bring myself to watch as 5-1 loss :(

First period and beginning of the second were good hockey - close - Canucks were competing, moving the puck well - it was entertaining hockey.

Winnipeg took a 3-1 lead though - not going to elaborate too much on how they managed that, but I will say that I can't stand that fn idiot Tom Kowal ;).  Two things the team were not going to manage to overcome - an early soft goal and a number of one-way pansy penalties.  Just about had a few good kills, but gave up one right at the end of a pk on a giveaway - that was a turning point.

Team was outclassed in the second half of the game - didn't really have the guns or the personnel to turn it up as much as it takes to climb out of a deficit against a team like that.

Best thing that happened last night - another Boeser snipe after some Sedinery - and he was not injured after a blocked shot did not look good.

Archived