-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Worth watching to see that Boeser goal alone.

 

Not a bad first half to the game - came back from that early deficit, but couldn't kill the soft penalties.

 

Thought Tanev, Edler, the twins, Virtanen, Gaunce and Pouliot played well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so the goaltending sucks

the d is weak

no offense except brock really

so the only real reason to watch now is to see if brock scores or not ?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad lineup choices

 

need to deal with why Gagner, Dowd, Chaput are in the lineup when we can add scoring potential with Goldy or Boucher and grit with Labate 

 

Marky set the tone with the usual predictable early softy 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

Brandon, Bo, Baer.

missing the B's, that is all.

Bicolai Boldobin?

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have 25 million tied up in LE, HS, DS, and AE...they were all in the line up tonight.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My strategy would have been: we will have several penalties so why not make them count. Run the goalie, fight Laine, and hit like crazy. Then there will be no weak ass calls, the quota will be filled for the game. It would be like a third period for the rest of the game. Team would need more warriors to do this though. Or perhaps even one warrior now that Dorse is gone. So soft but Benning admits he's building a skill team. I don't like this approach, the Jets have both and so should we.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

so the goaltending sucks

the d is weak

no offense except brock really

so the only real reason to watch now is to see if brock scores or not ?

its a lot of fun to watch, so yah pretty much 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No team can win with dowd brumistrov Gagne and Chaput all in the game. Because it means all your nhl talent is hurt.

 

free 

gagner

chaput

as for the rest sell sell sell.

 

Positive 

brock 

 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well one positive out of this is even without Bo and Sven Brock still managed to score. Put him with anybody he still gets job done. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Actually I think we should trade for a defenseman that provides zero offense.  

this team must be bottom of the league or close to it

for the total points generated from the d

i cannot remember a worse d grouping on this nuck team

no one is able to pitch in with any offense

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s pretty simple. With a depleted lineup, you need all players to play well and you need good goaltending. Without those, we will continue to lose. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NHTyrany said:

My strategy would have been: we will have several penalties so why not make them count. Run the goalie, fight Laine, and hit like crazy. Then there will be no weak ass calls, the quota will be filled for the game. It would be like a third period for the rest of the game. Team would need more warriors to do this though. Or perhaps even one warrior now that Dorse is gone. So soft but Benning admits he's building a skill team. I don't like this approach, the Jets have both and so should we.

I agree.  At least we wouldn't complain about any legitimate penalties just as long as we get them injured and ref would stopping calling weak penalties.  That's a bad intention but if that what it takes for them to stop calling weak ones.  .  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

0-3 without Horvat.

Good thing Horvat is all signed up for 6 years. His value is so obvious if not before it is now.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stelar said:

It’s pretty simple. With a depleted lineup, you need all players to play well and you need good goaltending. Without those, we will continue to lose. 

Lose it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.