The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Having that missing piece, a true elite number one dman, would really make our d a heck of a lot better.  I wonder if that’s all our d really needs?  

We needed a pmd as well Alf - add that and the T1D to Tanev and the blueline still wouldn't have been "set".

Daft debate.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Sure you did.  Quote that as well while you're at it.

'Everyone' claimed the blueline was set a couple years ago.

Cool story.

Ya, it’s a real stretch to think that some may have said that with the emergence of Hutton and Stetcher, Tram playing well, the addition of Gudbranson, the drafting of OJ, the signing of Chatfield and Taney. Absolutely no way anyone would say that. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Part of Goldy not playing tonight is maturing. It's little things within Goldy's game that we're trying to teach him. He's come along way in that department. He's an option we'll think about for next game for sure." - Green

Yes because Chaput sure showed maturity by going backwards in his own end causing a goal against 

2 minutes ago, Kushman said:

For a team that is desperately in need of scoring... why has Goldobin been benched? 3 games and he had a goal and a primary assist... let the kid play, surely the team can't be worse off with him in the lineup vs having chaput/burmi/dowd/megna/whoever else they call up instead of Goldobin.  

Because the coach believes we need to be able to defend first and have possession to be able to score. 

My impression is  he believes there is a net negative value in this regard to having him on the ice.

26 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I too would like to see that pathetic passenger jettisoned off the roster. Hands down worst signing by Benning. 

Blunt, terrible signing, heartless player. Can hardly believe how physically weak he is. 28 years old and on his 5th NHL team. We're not getting anything he hasn't shown before in other cities.  

3 minutes ago, TheRick said:

Anyway Gaudette can join the Canucks soon?

I mean technically he can but obviously he wouldn't as he wouldn't be eligible for college anymore and I dont see why he would jeopardize his education like that.

He and his team knows just how valuable of a player he is and I doubt he'd ever back stab them. He's also set to play in the Olympics which is coming soon so he'll be missing a lot of their games anyway. If they happen to miss the playoffs then yeah he'd probably be here around early march-ish. 

26 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Ya, it’s a real stretch to think that some may have said that with the emergence of Hutton and Stetcher, Tram playing well, the addition of Gudbranson, the drafting of OJ, the signing of Chatfield and Taney. Absolutely no way anyone would say that. 

Try to keep your timeline straight.

Most of that is in the last two years Stelar, not two years ago.

here's the blueline two years ago.

Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, Hutton, Bartkowski, Sbisa, Biega, Pedan, Weber.

Tryamkin was just finishing boot camp - last year as the regular season proceeded, never played a game here until March 2016.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Part of Goldy not playing tonight is maturing. It's little things within Goldy's game that we're trying to teach him. He's come along way in that department. He's an option we'll think about for next game for sure." - Green

Goldobin is a long way from being an NHL player. A goal here and there will not disguise the fact he is lost out there. Who taught this kid to play?

Lots of people did feel our D was set when Hutton came in out of nowhere and impressed, we had Tanev and Stecher came in. They thought OJ was closer to jumping in than he turned out to be 

I distinctly recall people saying the back end was in great shape and it was the offence that needed the rebuild 

33 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“No excuses. Everyone is working, but we needed a better effort than we had today. Taking that many penalties will always be costly against a team like that.” - Tanev

"That many"? there were only 3. The guys were disciplined but it's a given there will be some need for a PK or three. It's the wrong attitude. I say, take charge of the game and make the penalties work in your favor.  

8 minutes ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

Yup that is true, everything should be equal. All I'm saying is that once the fans turn on a player, their confidence will shrink as well. Give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he's got over the next few weeks before basing a judgement on him

I am not writing him off but why anoint him immediately with a starting spot while on the road when he has not even practiced with the team? What message does that send to a Goldy? 

I actually think throwng Dowd in was unfair to Dowd 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I am not writing him off but why anoint him immediately with a starting spot while on the road when he has not even practiced with the team? What message does that send to a Goldy? 

I actually think throwng Dowd in was unfair to Dowd 

Agreed, but they play different positions too, so it's not like it was a simple decision of Dowd Vs. Goldy unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Yeah.

No Stecher, no Pouliot, no Juolevi.

Aging Edler.

No high picks in the system.

Tanev = set! 

Yeah, I remember seeing 'everyone' claiming that.....

Related image

Hey, if he was talking about the 2015 -2016 roster we had such nailed down building blocks on defence as:

Chris, not getting any younger, Tanev
Alex, don’t trade me, Edler
Ben, pre softmore slump, Hutton
Dan, injury prone and declining, Hamhuis
Matt, mother loving, Bartkowski
Alex, the fill in, Biega
Lucas, gambling man, Sbisa
Yannik, not that one, Weber

If there was anyone on here claiming we were "set", they were delusional.  (Which is quite possible in here I guess there could even have been a couple).

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

When your team aside from 1 player scores 1 goal in 3 games I hope you consider it. 

40 minutes ago, b3. said:

I’d love to see Gagner never play another game in a Canucks jersey.

I was at the game tonight and I have a few observations finally getting to see the Nucks live - Gagner was brutal!

Boeser was a treat to watch. I have seen 6 Jets games live this year here in Winnipeg and the score flattered the Canucks as that was one of the worst games tempo wise I have seen the Jets play. Del Zotto impressed me as did Stecher and Pouliot - smaller stature players who played a physical game.

I felt the Canucks brought it in the first - Jets got a little lucky and Markstrom - we all saw how poorly he played. Its a process folks and considering who we are missing the end result is not surprising.

Archived