The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Far too many deficiencies right now. The young guys are working hard, the older guys are mostly passengers, the AHL guys are confirmed AHL guys. The free agent signings are physically present but mentally and emotionally detached. The losses will continue. 

Astute and concise.  I like that you can sum things up so succinctly without looking like you get paid by the word.

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Hey, if he was talking about the 2015 -2016 roster we had such nailed down building blocks on defence as:

Chris, not getting any younger, Tanev
Alex, don’t trade me, Edler
Ben, pre softmore slump, Hutton
Dan, injury prone and declining, Hamhuis
Matt, mother loving, Bartkowski
Alex, the fill in, Biega
Lucas, gambling man, Sbisa
Yannik, not that one, Weber

If there was anyone on here claiming we were "set", they were delusional.  (Which is quite possible in here I guess there could even have been a couple).

you owe me a pepsi.

Instead of plugging in offensive forwards like goldy we decide to just try to slot in defence first guys with zero offence? What to hold onto no lead? Lol 

“This will be a great chance for the young guys to step up and get more minutes” 

Honestly with all the injuries the most intriguing to watch are virtanen and brock for me right now i just hope we go 500’ in the next 10-12 games 

NEXT 

11 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Goldobin is a long way from being an NHL player. A goal here and there will not disguise the fact he is lost out there. Who taught this kid to play?

Ummmm and the rest of the team looks to be always perfectly in position?

Who taught Gagner how to play? 

All Green spoke about was a lack of scoring, who is more likely to give that to you? Chaput? Or the guy that scores “here and there”? 

7 minutes ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

Agreed, but they play different positions too, so it's not like it was a simple decision of Dowd Vs. Goldy unfortunately.

I agree with you there but if throwing Dowd in straight away was the entire franchise’s only option we are in serious trouble 

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Maybe the Horvat injury is a blessing in disguise? Miss the playoffs, win the lottery and get a better player than we would have otherwise? 

(Although I guess we maybe shouldn't hold our breath on that winning the lottery part :wacko:)

You'd probably die holding your breath if you waited for the Canucks to win the draft lottery.

At this point, I really don't think it matters what wingers the Canucks dress right now because they only have enough centre depth to assemble one scoring line. The rest of the players, for as hard as they're trying, simply can't get anything going at even strength. Even having Sutter back would at least stabilize the lines a bit.

25 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Last time you said something like this I actually spent like an hour going through your posts and quoted you to prove a point and you just ignored it.  If you disagree with me I don't care.  You must be a narcissist because you never admit you're wrong even when it's blatantly obvious.  Always going to one of these plays from your playbook when you're wrong:

1. Ignore the post

2. Reply to a part of it to take things out of context

3. Change argument to be about a different topic

You're not worth the time. 

I’d give you more pluses... personally I found bliss with the ignore list and that member. 

Unless  you believe everything jim has done is gold and he’s never made a single mistake ever.that member will troll you With long winded and simple witted responses. 

maybe its Jim’s mom.

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Lots of people did feel our D was set when Hutton came in out of nowhere and impressed, we had Tanev and Stecher came in. They thought OJ was closer to jumping in than he turned out to be 

I distinctly recall people saying the back end was in great shape and it was the offence that needed the rebuild 

Cool story.

Juolevi hadn't been drafted two years ago.

He was drafted in the summer of 2016.

To repeat:  this was the blueline two years ago -

Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, Hutton, Bartkowski, Sbisa, Biega, Pedan, Weber.

Tryamkin didn't play a game for this franchise until March 2016.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Same as last game.  Veteran placeholders showing why they're expendable, with some nice moments from Pouliot and Boeser.  This is what a rebuild looks like, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I do think Vanek has increased his value but no so much with Gagner. I wanted a bit more out of Burmy 

the Sedins have had a bit of s bounce back year imo 

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Cool story.

Juolevi hadn't been drafted two years ago.

He was drafted in the summer of 2016.

To repeat:  this was the blueline two years ago -

Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, Hutton, Bartkowski, Sbisa, Biega, Pedan, Weber.

Tryamkin didn't play a game for this franchise until March 2016.

Re read my post. If you need help understanding perhaps pm me and I can help walk you through it 

6 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

You'd probably die holding your breath if you waited for the Canucks to win the draft lottery.

At this point, I really don't think it matters what wingers the Canucks dress right now because they only have enough centre depth to assemble one scoring line. The rest of the players, for as hard as they're trying, simply can't get anything going at even strength. Even having Sutter back would at least stabilize the lines a bit.

I know I wouldn't be able to hold my breath from now until April or June.

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I love how oldnews does not let the facts get in his way 

If you have some facts to offer, fill your boots.

Two years ago - I don't think you remember two years ago,

The facts have been presented to you - your counterpoint is a bad memory.

16 minutes ago, combover said:

I’d give you more pluses... personally I found bliss with the ignore list and that member. 

Unless  you believe everything jim has done is gold and he’s never made a single mistake ever.that member will troll you With long winded and simple witted responses. 

maybe its Jim’s mom.

oh zzznap!

you'd be an appropriate member of the "I remember two years ago" club.

34 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I don't know how this is possible considering the Canucks haven't had a number 1 dman since, what, Mathias Ohlund?

Some of the reasoning I saw:

Tryamkin = Chara 2.0, future Norris winner

Stetcher = Potentially best offensive defenseman ever for Canucks

Gudbranson = Top 2 shut down D man just entering prime

OJ = Future top 2 D man

Not to mention Hutton still young, Sbisa was playing well, Tanev great defensively, Edler... well nobody was bragging about Edler.  

33 minutes ago, oldnews said:

If you have some facts to offer, fill your boots.

Two years ago - I don't think you remember two years ago,

The facts have been presented to you - your counterpoint is a bad memory.

Did I say 2 years old man? 

You have a very bad habit of making delusional assumptions. You may want to get that checked out 

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Part of Goldy not playing tonight is maturing. It's little things within Goldy's game that we're trying to teach him. He's come along way in that department. He's an option we'll think about for next game for sure." - Green

and Gagner's game is mature? 

Should try addition by subtraction, rather than subtraction by subtraction

Archived